Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Complaints - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complaints

I'm still trying to figure out whats wrong with the mustang II pinto? lmao. I can think of one mustang II around here that has embarrased a couple of my buddies.

I'm tired of all the bitchen about installs too!!!

fred, blue91, always kept his complaints good and constructive; working towards a solution. While these, rookies just pop in ***** for 4 or 5 posts and then there gone. Makes our community look bad, runs off big brother thats always watching. Frustrates admin! yada yada yada. I can understand where they are all coming from, but damn. I had a ton of problems with my install. Hell I fabricated my own alternator bracket and tension setup, bolted it on only to realize that I had to get a standard rotation water pump. I also realized that the majority of the problems with the kit where mistakes I made, not paxton. Aside from missing my main bracket and the front blower arbor,( that was expidited to me at no cost.) All the problems where my own, not design stuff. I was glad my discharge was to long, instead of not long enough. At anyrate Fred just got hacked because he thought BCRIM was picking on him while still fallin into the catagory all the others with only 5 total posts and a bad attitude.

So he bashed your cute little old school blower alittle to poke back at ya.

Thanks for the last reply above, and welcome to the sight. It's always nice to see someone thats not afraid to do a little fabrication.

Brandon

P.S. I'll be going through the blower install headaches once again when I put my novi2k on with accesories this time around. hope I kept all the parts.
    90 strawberry coupe

/Moderator hat on/

This thread was started to show support for the Paxton line of superchargers. This is a webside that is designed solely for the purpose of helping fellow users install and tune their own individual combo's. I will not have board members slamming each other no matter what the topic being discussed is. Please stop it or take it to PM. Lets stay on the subject and not throw personal insults towards whomever has bitched about their own install problems in the past.

/Moderator hat off/

Have a nice day :D
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Member
    The only gripe I had with this thread is with the post TheHawk05 made. Totally uninformed, making me look like some sort of whiner. So I posted to clear that up. I never personally insulted anyone in my threads. I like to keep things on a adult/professional level.

Regards!

I was just hacked by what appeared to be attacks as well. I enjoy this sight so much more then the others because everyone is friendly. I guess I just go fired up. Sorry if I flew off the handel. :)

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I'm not goona get into this whole battle but I honestly have my doubts that the discharge is faulty. The discharge if you look at it is a cast part, meaning it was cast from a mold. The tolerances between castings will be very minimal. Not nearly enough to warrant the fitment issues you seemed to have Fred. I went and read the original thread and noticed many of the people who had issues had TFS intakes. So why don't you question the TFS intake casting? Is the company who makes their castings ISO certified? I doubt it. Does Lidio follow any QA standards? I doubt it. It would be just as ignorant for me to tell you that you installed it wrong with a 351 bracket not made by Paxton as it would be for you to say the discharge should fit but doesn't even though you've never installed that discharge on a stock 302 motor which it was designed for. You have to be open to other possibilities.

Chris, just for the record, my discharge didn't fit with my stock intake. However it's the vortec v7 discharge, and from everyone i've talked to it's been a little long. I can't remember if fred had this discharge or not.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

We could argue about whos at fault forever, unless we measure and compare all of our discharge tubes assuming we are using the same cast piece from Paxton we can't prove that some are going to be faulty. We all have different combinations for the most part and can't critique each others intalls. I'm not saying the discharge is a perfect fit even for a stock application, but we are proposing that Lidio altered the 351 bracket so that the distance between the blower outlet and the tb inlet is the same as from a 302 with a stock intake. I just find it hard to believe that Lidio was able to do that while at the same time getting the blower to fit under the hood with the raised deck height of a 351. I just think there are too many variables to expect it to work.

Originally posted by Hustler
    We could argue about whos at fault forever, unless we measure and compare all of our discharge tubes
    Boy does that sound just plain wrong or is it just me:D , I'm not measuring my "discharge" tube for any of you guys
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Member
    The altered bracket doesn't move the blower forward or backwards. I know people with NON TFS intakes with the "too long of a discharge" problem. I know people with 302's with this problem.

You mention the bracket being a vortech.... it's the SAME BRACKET. I put them both side by side. Ben Frazier did the same, and he can tell you they are the SAME, other than "vortech" being cast into it. As far as altering the brackets, if you've ever seen one vs the other, you'd see it's not hard at ALL for a competent machine shop to perform this procedure. It's an easy job, and not even CLOSE to being worth what Alt. Auto charges.

Bottom line, on some cars, the discharge is too long. The TFS intake can't be blamed, b/c it has happened with other aftermarket intakes and even with STOCK. My bracket can't be blamed, b/c again, it's the same dimensions (within casting/machining tolerances) fore and aft in the engine bay. Those tolerances aren't 3/4" which is how much too long my discharge was. Also, again, people with 302's the "paxton" bracket have had the same problems.

Bottom line, just about every intake combo/motor combo/bracket combo seems to have experienced this at one point or another. This is why I wasn't LIVID when I ran across the issue. I just rolled with the flow and altered it. Not sure why you're making such a big deal about the issue.

I'm happy with my kit, and I'm happy with the install. Nothing is a true "bolt-on" anymore, and I know this and went with the flow. Never did I bash paxton, say the kit sucked, etc. I don't need to be grouped with the others this thread was referring to.

That's all I have to say about this, b/c speaking my mind and correcting false info about me earlier in this thread has obviously upset some, even though I never personally insulted any company, person or their cars.

Fred,
    You didn't upset me. I was just trying to calm things down a bit. Just for everyones info, I had my Novi 2K on my stock motor with a stock intake and when I installed my AFR heads and TFS track heat intake, I had to shorten the discharge tube. I personally think that my problem was an issue with the TFS intake. Just my .02.
    Doug

Glad everyone made up...

Thread closed.

Ian