Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Complaints
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complaints

Complaints

It seems there is some unfair complaints being aired that should be rectified. I'm all for input on improving kits and airing concerns/complaints but noticed a few things that are becoming common.

One is that you guys can't expect Paxton to make parts in their kit to suit every possible combination of other aftermarket parts. The other manufacturers make parts with different sizes and put them in non stock locations sometimes making it very hard for Paxton to make a kit where one size fits all. They would have to make hundreds of different brackets/hoses/clamps/discharge tubes for one car. You will find this problem with basically any other blower manufacturer.

There are going to be variances in assembly from person to person with any kit, but of course we've covered that the instructions could be better. There should be more pictures and in depth information.

People are going to be less likely to help you or offer advice if you plan on just bashing Paxton and starting personal attacks with Paxton. I know some of you guys are just getting your kits and are all pumped about getting your car running and run into some problems. If you run into something, step away, and relax, we all know what its like to run into a snag while working on the car. Use this forum as a tool to help you get past the problem. If you are missing a part, get on the phone with Paxton and have them send out the missing piece. If something doesn't fit then ask the question on here that's what its here for. There is usually a reason or a workaround someone can provide you with here.

I do a little bit of tech support in my job and I know what its like to get some ******* on the phone who is irate about a problem. They don't make it any easier for you to solve the problem. I'm not the one who created the problem, I'm the one who has to fix it. As most of us are aware there is pretty much a one man show at Paxton doing tech so cut him a break. This is just advice on how to make the best out of a problem. You aren't going to solve anything by bashing Paxton honestly. All you do is make it less likely for Paxton to be a part of this website and help improve on what we have invested in. It was not fun seeing Paxtons involvement with the Corral go south in a matter of a few months because of a few ignorant owners.

Please feel free to comment on this, I'm always up for hearing differing opinions or contributions.

Amen
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Very well put!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    I agree with Hustler 100% When working on my stang and I hit a snag I always step away from the problem and relax. I have solve most of my problems by coming back later and finishing the project. If I can't fix the problem I ask questions here or call some of my friends and we help each other. There is always a solution to a problem. Hey Ian could post his 24 hour tech support phone number(LOL).

Later,

Dawg
    Dawgsgt White 93 GT
    Engine: 331 ci. built by Ohio Crankshaft Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, Accufab 70mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, Comp cams, SCT 2800 90mm Mass air, 60lb injectors, Professional Products Hi-Flow fuel rail kit, MSD Timing Retard, Aluminum 2 core radiator, electric vaccum pump.
    Power Adder: Vortech Sci-trim Supercharger with upgraded discharge tube, UPR Powerpipe.
    Suspension: Ground pounder adjustable cast and camber plates, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 drag shocks, subframe connecters, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms.
    Exhaust: Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers, Dr. gas X-pipe, 2.5 (2) chamber Flowmaster mufflers.
    Electronics: MSD 6AL, Blue Ford Motorsport 9mm wires, MSD Cap and rotor.
    Drivetrain: Stock T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a chrome Hurst handle, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.
    Interior: 2 1/16 Dual gauge pod with Boost and Fuel gauges.
    Exterior: Original Oxford white paint job, Chrome 5 Star Pony rims

Junior SCH Member
    First off let me state that Paxton make a great product and they have been in the four front of Superchargers since the 60's with that said I would like to offer these comments.
    We had the same issues on my Paxton install on my 92 and I have the trick flow intake and the discharge tube will fit it took a little effort but it goes on.
    There are some bugs with the kit and I’m sure Paxton Engineering know about them but like all companies it takes time to get these revision or ADCN changes on the prints and then get them down to the CNC Programming dept and then to the production floor same goes to the tech writer’s who do the install manuals.
    And even after this is all done parts that are made before the engineering revision will still be sent to be used (as is) the only quick way I see is to relay these problem with the assy would be to send an attachment with the install instruction advising the end user of these problems so he can be prepared ahead of time on these issues.
    Allen

SCH Member
    i had to get 1 bolt and 1 fitting for my install...........................but so far 2 years of trouble free FUN. just remember it's all worth it in the end.
    93 cobra#256 witha noisy alternator

Those are some excellent points. It brings to mind the recent thread sarted by Blue91 who had numerous install problems. Although two were Paxton's fault (missing bolt, hole misssing in plate) He failed to mention in his thread that he installed this kit on a 351 which was the cause of all his other problems. Too many seem to forget that all Blower kits are designed for bonestock vehicles. Missing parts is definitely a problem that shouldn't occur and should be addressed by Paxton, but unfortunately these things are packed up by people who are going to make mistakes. Paxton should initiate a quality control point where the person packing the kit runs off a checklist to make sure nothing is missing prior to the box being taped up for shipping.

Junior SCH Member
    RIGTH ON MAN, personally I wish that they kept the 190 pump out of the equasion. The brakets blower hardware are of the highest quaity. The only problem is the misreprensative statment "bolt-on system" legally true factually impossible.
    87 LX NOVI2K

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    Being in the performance market, that rings true everyday with every vendor. Good thread.

Mike

SCH Member
    Originally posted by TheHawk05
    Those are some excellent points. It brings to mind the recent thread sarted by Blue91 who had numerous install problems. Although two were Paxton's fault (missing bolt, hole misssing in plate) He failed to mention in his thread that he installed this kit on a 351 which was the cause of all his other problems. Too many seem to forget that all Blower kits are designed for bonestock vehicles.
    Umm, I HIGHLY beg to differ.... My 351 was the cause of all of my problems aside from the missing bolt? I think NOT.

I never blamed Paxton for a missing hole in the plate. The hole that was missing isn't supposed to be there with a 302 install. It's needed to be drilled if you use the kit on a 351 and I knew this and didn't have a problem with making the alteration.

I complained b/c the kit specified a bolt be used that goes through the "mid plate" into the head bracket for the alternator. The hole in the plate to allow that bolt to go in wasn't large enough to fit the bolt the kit called for (and that bolt was also missing from the kit). That had NOTHING to do with the kit going on a 351w. Had they included the bolt, it still would not have fit through the plate and correctly threaded into the head bracket. I had to enlarge the hole to fit the bolt through in order to thread it into the back bracket. Had I used a bolt that fit into the "stock" hole, the threads would have been too small to thread into the back bracket. Hope that makes sense.

Next, I griped about the inlet. I griped about the MAF not fitting on the stock inlet, but knew it wasn't the kit's fault. It was the width of my motor and the size of my MAF that was at fault. I was irked, but I half expected this due to the width of the 351w. My main gripe in the case of the inlet was about it not clearing the schrader valve and valve cover. I have STOCK vc's and the schrader is in the OEM position. Again, a 351w doesn't change this, in relation to the head unit location. I have friends that have the same kit on 302's who've had the SAME problems. Again, not something that I ran into just b/c I have a 351w.

My discharge was too long, and didn't fit without cutting it. That has nothing to do with the motor being a 351w. Nothing that I griped about was b/c I had a 351w, except the MAF not fitting, and again, I half expected it and didn't blame the kit.

Regards,

Junior SCH Member
    kit! I wish I had a kit. I bought my Paxton used from a friend for half what he paid for it and fabricated my own brackets (He had a '94, I have a '87. Piece of cake.

OK, I lied... it was a lot of hard work. But not as much a replacing my clutch.

What you've got here is a bunch of young, inexperienced mechanics (they wish) who spend more than they can afford for something that they think will bolt on in one afternoon. And then they get pissed. You might as well expect it.

The only thing I can suggest is a mechanical aptitude test prior to sale.

You want to see tough installation go talk to the turbo guys.

You can check out my custom setup here:
    http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/b/c/bcrim/mustang.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    Originally posted by bcrim
    [B]

What you've got here is a bunch of young, inexperienced mechanics (they wish) who spend more than they can afford for something that they think will bolt on in one afternoon. And then they get pissed. You might as well expect it.
    For one, you sure do assume a lot with the previous statement. How many turbos have you installed? n2o kits? rollbars? trannies? How many torque boxes have you welded? How many motors have you built? Don't assume that just b/c people have problems with their install that they are young and inexperienced. I've done all of the above, plus more, all by the age of 24. Im 26 now.

Second.... the blower in your pic is a LOT different from the Novi2000 kit. That thing is like a mustang II compared to a 2003 cobra.

Regards,

Junior SCH Member
    blue91... I don't think you fit into my inexperienced category. I was speaking generally... and the subject was people that slam Paxton because of a difficult install. My point was that installing things is hard. Surely if you have made the kind of modifications you just mentioned then installing a supercharger couldn't have been too traumatic.

I had similar problems getting everything to fit (that schrader valve is still pissing me off). But you and I were working with custom applications and knew from experience that there would be special challenges.

On the other hand, my friend, who was 25 when he bought the Paxton (that's young), was really pissed when he had trouble installing his new Supercharger (that was in '95), and pissed even more because that was a lot of cash to him. Because of his "inexperience" he thought he could bolt it on in a few hours...

Experience has taught me nothing is that easy.

Now tell me you haven't run into some clueless, inexperienced auto enthusiast who thinks he can slap on a supercharger when he's never even changed a spark plug.

Are you saying that putting on a turbo is easier?

...and dude, your slamming my '87 GT? You know, it's a work in progress. I'm putting 244 to the rear wheels on a really bad day (I think my plugs are gapped too big) with modest modifications... that's not bad. I'm just getting started on this car. How'd you like it if I called your car a Mustang II while you were still working on it.

That old Paxton will have me over 300 rwhp when I'm finished.

I just piped in to show some support for the Paxton guys because I think its a great product that gets slammed on occasion by people who've had bad experiences mostly through their own oversight (thinking it would be real easy). I wasn't even talking about you.

Junior SCH Member
    OK, I just read the whole thread, I see why Bule91 thought I was talking about him. Sorry, initially I only read a few posts... then put my 2 cents in. After Blue91 told me I've got a MustangII I read the rest of the thread and noticed that others were speaking directly about his application.

Sorry Blue91. I was talking about kids that just rented "The Fast and the Furious" and are trying to blow their hondas now... not you.

...but Mustang II? damn, dude that's cold.

SCH Member
    I wasn't just offended bc I was grouped into your generalization, but at the generalization itself. Just b/c someone has had an install problem with ANY kit, this doens't mean they are young and inexperienced. Some things just don't fit. Ask how many people have had to cut their Novi 2k discharge tube.

I never said installing a turbo was easier. There IS the known fact that there will be some fabrication involved though.

Lastly, I never said anything about your CAR. I said your s/c was old, and lacks the complexity of install that the Novi 2k involves.

Now that we've got that cleared up.... CHEERS!

Regards,