Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Just had the car dyno'ed....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just had the car dyno'ed....

Junior SCH Member

Just had the car dyno'ed....

I had it dyno'ed today to find out whether or not I should be driving it......I was really worried about the detonation thing. Now I know I really don't think I have to worry about that. I got these numbers with a really safe tune......total timing @ 23 deg and I left the spout out, fuel pressure was set at 44psi vac off, NO FMU with 36 pound injectors and 9-10 # of boost. I'm wondering now if I really need that FMU that I"m still waiting on!?!?
    94 GT, with ..........NOTHING yet.

Junior SCH Member
    Dude,

You DO NOT need a FMU at all. It is obvious that the fuel system is on par with the amount of boost you got. If anything I'd add more boost FIRST, say like 17+ psi and then start to take away fuel from there. That is actually waaaaaaay too fat. You'd pick up power as it is just by taking some fuel out to get the A/F to at least the 11.0-11.5 range.

Good luck, Brent.
    R302, PT-74, TFS high ports stage III, F-303, 850 DP carburetor

710.0 RWHP & 834.4 RWTQ with 14 psi of boost....SO FAR!

My site:

http://users.rcn.com/davisab/

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply Brent. Yeah I know what you're saying, I know there's pleanty of free power to be had once I get the A/F leaned out a bit. Although I think I'm overworking the injectors as it is....between the higher than normal base fuel pressure and the fact I have my optimizer way on the rich side. You don't think it would be worth it to put the FMU on so I could lower my base fuel pressure and lean out my optimizer settings.....just so I'm not overworking the injectors when driving around without boost? Just a thought.

Justin

No, you don't want to add the FMU... especialy for 2 reasons... A) you don't need it, and B) you think you are overworking your injectors right now? ha, wait till you see the FP spike around 75-80, then you will have a different opinion about overworking your injectors.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    Definitley stay away from the FMU! You are plenty safe now with fuel and from the looks of it, once you lean out the motor some you will take some load off the injectors. I would actually lower your fuel pressure some and try to lean it out. Back her down to about 40 and that should clean up the top end a good bit.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    I am going to be installing a P600B during the summer and I was curious about injector size as well. I am running 36# N/A right now, so I was thinking around a 50#. What are most of you running?

Here is my combo:
    357W w/9.6 comp. ratio
    AFR 185's w/1.6 rr
    XE282HR Comp cam (soon to swap out for an Ed Curtis custom)
    TFS intake
    Accufab 75mm race t.b.
    36# injectors
    80mm Pro-M
    4" AFM powerpipe

Thanks for any help...

Jim

quest,
    could you post your dyno info again? the pic is kaput.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    By the way.... I didn't mean to bump such an old thread... :o

Well heck i wanna see it too! LOL
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Here's the pic that should have shown at the top of this thread.

Junior SCH Member
    Oh, and that dyno was with my 302. I don't have any numbers since putting in the 351W. And it turns out that I won't get any numbers for quite awhile....

Senior SCH Member
    You got good numbers with the 302 I had less power with my 351.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Senior SCH Member
    sorry about the car I did't notice it at first.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Quote Originally Posted by StangQuest
    Oh, and that dyno was with my 302. I don't have any numbers since putting in the 351W. And it turns out that I won't get any numbers for quite awhile....

Ouch, what did you hit?? or what hit you??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    i see your running a univer.. i am not sure if i am going to run a univer or bullet? i have pretty much the same set up. do you have any probems with the blow through?
    did you have to have it tuned?