Thread: What do i need to run my soon to be procharger w/ no a/c or p/s??

SCH Member

What do i need to run my soon to be procharger w/ no a/c or p/s??

I am about to order my F-1R, but need help clearing up a few things. I currently have no a/c and no p/s pump. I do have the ASP smog eliminator and ASP A/C eliminator pulley's. I don't think i have any of the orginal alternator brackets or anything. What do i need to make it work, do i have to get the factory brackets to run to put the alt in it's original location. I currently am runnin a Vortech T-trim and all of it's brackets. Thanks

I beleive you are going to need to get the origional brackets and bolts again just like I had too. It was a complete pain, but thank god my friend just put the march alt. and a/c delete setup on his car so that I could use his factory brackets (A/C and Alt.)... otherwise I would have been digging for a while and probibly ended up eating the cost of everything new at the steelership. I did have to get all of the factory water pump bolts so that I could put the A/C bracket back on, but other than that I got lucky. You are probibly going to have to do the same. It's quite a puzzle to try to figure out all that you are missing just so you can get back to square one before you install all of the ATI brackets and bolts.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

SCH Member
    What kit are you running? I just found out yesterday that all the race kits, or those designated with an R at the end, are for use on cars w/o p/s or a/c. So i am assuming they supply different brackets to bolt the blower up to the head. Just have to find out where the alternator mounts. Does the alternator mount on the supplied procharger brackets or does it go with the factory ones?

I have the kit that mounts to the factory A/C bracket. The main blower bracket mounts around the A/C bracket and then has 4 bolts w/ spacers that the blower bracket mounts to and that's about it. The tensioner fits below the A/C and bolts to the power steering pump, and the factory A/C bracket mounting points (water pump studs). My problem is that I got the March A/C eliminator bracket along with the march altenator bracket. That COMPLETELY changed the way that the accessory drive was setup. My tensioner was moved over onto a bracket that sat bassicaly where the A/C used to be and put a bolt and a rod to hold my altenator up. It looks sweet... but the blower kit that I have does NOT work with that setup at all, so I needed to get the factory A/C bracket back from my buddy (he recently installed the same March stuff I did, so he had all of his factory brackets still... I can't find mine for the life of me which is very, very odd)... anyway, I had to get all of the factory studs, nuts, bolts, brackets, washers, everything back so that I could install the blower kit.

If you don't have your factory altenator bracket, maybe the one that I am taking off will work, maybe not. You might need the factory one again. I just got lucky and was able to get it all from my friend. I DO however have my factory alt. bracket, just took his because he had already modified it to fit the 3G alt. and I wouldn't have to worry about doing that.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I've got the renegade style brackets which are made for no ps or ac. Originally my F1-R shipped with brackets that were meant for ps and ac so I know that is an option with this blower.

I've also heard the renegade brackets come in 2 styles, a long style (standard) and a short style (which moves the blower closer to the engine). I imagine the short style would make it nearly impossible to route and intake between the blower and the shock tower.

The renegade bracket I have uses the stock serp system but it is made for a short belt type setup. For some reason I've never been able to run a short belt setup on my 351 cause it would never even touch the water pump pulley. I think its due to the taller deck ht.

So I had to make an idler pulley for the serp belt. It wasn't too hard. I'll try to get a picture posted showing it.
    83 Capri
    Intercooled F1R
    351W, 8.5 Compression
    CNC Canfields
    Solid roller cam
    Super Victor intake
    Holley 750 DP
    1-3/4 headers, 3" exhaust

SCH Member
    I don't even have the kit yet, so i can't show any pics. I am just trying to get ahold of everything i need before hand, but i don't think i will need anything. When we ordered the kit, i even specified that i didn't have p/s and no a/c to make sure i get the right brackets. I guess i will just see what i get when it gets here.

Dan H.,

How long did it take for you to get your kit? I was told it could take close to 2 weeks before Procharger even ships the unit after the order is put in. I am in no rush though, so i don't really care how long it takes, but just curious.

Junior SCH Member
    It took 3 months. That was a year ago when the F1's were just coming out.

Here's a picture of the idler pulley and bracket
    83 Capri
    Intercooled F1R
    351W, 8.5 Compression
    CNC Canfields
    Solid roller cam
    Super Victor intake
    Holley 750 DP

SCH Member
    Damn, i sure hope i don't have to wait even close to that. You have any more pics of the blower on the car?

Junior SCH Member
    Here's one, installation wasn't entirely complete.

http://home.gci.net/~polarak/dan/engine.jpg
    83 Capri
    Intercooled F1R
    351W, 8.5 Compression
    CNC Canfields
    Solid roller cam
    Super Victor intake
    Holley 750 DP

SCH Member
    Cool, thanks for the pic. The blower bracket on that thing is thick as hell. That isn't goin anywhere.