Thread: FCU and Vacuum?

Senior SCH Member

FCU and Vacuum?

I have to install the FCU and Vacuum lines. Where do I tap into the vacuum?

I have a 65mm throttle body and a 77mm MAF. Will I have problems with the powerpipe/discharge tube?

I'm running 24# (at least I think they are 24#ers.. the actual flow rate is 39#ers.. but they are blue like 24#ers) injectors and a 190lph pump.. is that sufficient for stock boost with a 10.3:1 compression ratio and timing set at 14* advance?

Do I need to buy any additional T-fittings or thread sealant? Basically, all I have to work with are a the wrenches I'll need, a hammer, a drill and bits, NPT, a prybar, and 7qts of oil and jacks/jackstands (don't need them.. the car sits high enough for my friend mike to crawl under it and tap the pan) ;)

What else do I need for the Novi 1000 install (this is the new style kit).

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar

Tools

If you have the money do what i did......I paid a shop that specializes in turbocharger and supercharger installations $300.oo and they did it all WITH a warranty. They installed my Novi 1000, FMU, Boost retard, MSD6A, Walbro fuel pump, Rich/lean guage, Boost guage, Changed my oil and added coolant. All for $300.oo All i had to do was drive it there and pick it up. True it may be more fun (lol) to do it yourself , but i'm divorced and i need my weekends to see my kids. I did install my new dis-charge pipe from Steve (which i had chrome plated) and a by-pass valve , which i would strongly suggest you buy. especially the pipe from Steve. ITS AWESOME . good luck with your installation. ALSO 14 degrees may be a little much, mine detonated when that high...it ran best at 10

Senior SCH Member
    Oh I forgot to mention that I have a Bosch Bypass that I bought from a local Porsche Dealer. I also have air/fuel ratio gauge (is that the rich/lean gauge?), adjustable fuel pressure regulator, boost gauge, electronic fuel pressure gauge, crane boost retard for my Hi-6/PS92 coil setup, and some braided lines. I was intending to use the extra cash I have for injector/fuel pump upgrades (I'm going to 50#ers and dual 255lph pumps.. basically a renegade style fuel system).

I'm running Sunoco 101 "race gas" all the time now. I'm trying to avoid messing with the current tune too much, and was told by the tuner that I should be fine with up to 8#s of boost on the current setup.

Do yout think $300 would be sufficient to get all of that installed? I really want to do it myself and the only thing I need to know is where to tap into the vacuum (somewhere after the TB, I know.. but can't seem to find a good spot) as we have figured out the FCU install. ;) The manual is seriously lacking in some areas.

1st of all if you're using 24lb inj. that flow 39lbs. of fuel and you have an adj. regulator , from what i've been told by this site you don't even need an FMU. But if you do want it anyways just buy a plastic (or brass) "T" fitting and "T" into any vacuum souce and you'll be fine. An air/fuel ratio is the same as a rich/lean guage. I currently am swithing to a adj. regulator with 30lb. injectors and no FMU and a 80mm. mass air. I think fuel press. should be about 32psi. My car http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select2491.htm:D

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by frank woodall
    1st of all if you're using 24lb inj. that flow 39lbs. of fuel and you have an adj. regulator , from what i've been told by this site you don't even need an FMU. But if you do want it anyways just buy a plastic (or brass) "T" fitting and "T" into any vacuum souce and you'll be fine. An air/fuel ratio is the same as a rich/lean guage. I currently am swithing to a adj. regulator with 30lb. injectors and no FMU and a 80mm. mass air. I think fuel press. should be about 32psi. My car http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select2491.htm:D
    Oh OK. I'll just try it out without the FMU and see how it goes. I was told by some of the guys on CC that I don't need the FMU also, but they said it was because I use race gas. I also just found out that the 24#'ers are really 38#ers or something, but they are Bosch so they didn't have the same color code. So I should be good to go. ;) Thanks bud! :)

By the way, sweet looking vert you have there. :)

thanks for saying i have a nice car ! Also i'm sure that it is but i'll mention it any way make sure that the mass-air sensor is calibrated to match whatever injectors you do have. very important for driveability