Thread: Tensioner

Junior SCH Member

Tensioner

Ive upgraded my head unit from a p600b to a p1sc. the quality looks much better on the p1sc as far as head unit and bracketry go, anyhow, Im having a problem with the tesnsioner, maybe you can help. the top and bottom left bolts go in no problem, including the union. but as far as the lower right, theres a huge sapce, is ther supposed to be a spacer in there that i dont have? and could i get away with just running 2 bolts? also the bolt on the back of the tentioner is unaccessable so how am i suposed to tighten it? and when i tighten the lower right bolt a little it has clearance issue causeing the bolt to bind against the stock accessory plate!! any help would be appreciated... it does seem pretty secure with just 2 bolts, but then again i didnt engeneer the kit.

Keith
    90 saleen

I have a couple of pictures of the P1SC setup installed with your configuration (from what it sounds like) but not here right now, so I won't be able to post a pic to ask you to further describe what bolts you are talking about. As far as only 2 bolts holding it on and seeming secure... that's definately not a good idea. Can you post a pic or two to further explain your problem?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    yeah i can post a pic later, but i think i can describe it well enough to help you understand without a pic... ok, the tensioner pulley has 3 bolts that hold ot down right?? the lower right one is on the lowest ledt bolt on the oem accesorry plate, you know the plate that bolts to the waterpump and holds up the p/s pump and the ac pump. the upper bolt bolts to the second bolt near the top left, and the lower right bolt goes through the lower p/s pump.. the long one... ok now the upper bolt has the union fitting that threads over the renaing part of the stud on the waterpump pulley to elongate it , now the bolt that looks like it should run inot the lower p/s has about 1/2 of an inch gap. is a spacer supposed to go in between the tensioner and the p/s pump bolt? if you look in the manual you should see what im talking about,,, i think i may wind up calling procharger tommorow... thanks for any insight you can bring. if i get an answer i will post it so someone else might be able to use this post.

Keith
    90 saleen

I'm still working on other things on my car right now and haven't gotten to mounting the bracketry and tensioner yet (this will be my first FOX A/C mount). I can tell you that I know what you are talking about... I layed everything out on my work bench with the brackets and the A/C bracket and I see what you mean... I looked in the parts bag that I have and I do see a spacer that looks to be 1/2" or slightly larger... I am willing to bet that it is supposed to go there.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net