Thread: Bennett or CHP?

Junior SCH Member

Bennett or CHP?

I am looking to buy a new shortblock, as I really dotn have the know how to build one.

I was talking with both Bennett and CHP and both have solid pieces I'd liek to run. I am looking for 500-550 rwhp and want to use a 302 based motor. The car is not class specific so let hear what I should do.

Budget: 4,000 shortblock
    Heads: 1,300

Misc: 1,5000
    1993 LX Hatch
    Stock Block
    Novi 2000

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    Try Keith Kraft. Talk to Jason, they can get you a shortblock cheaper than that and still be able to hold up to that kind of power. We also offer shortblocks.

Mike

Junior SCH Member

Keith Craft

Mike i will try and look into it, I am just looking for customer service too.

It is very important to me.

Scott

SCH Member
    i had great luck with bennet with my heads and cam. but i don't think you can go wrong either way.
    93 cobra#256 witha noisy alternator

Scott, do you have a local builder?

I always think a local guy is better in case you have any problems.

In my case, I broke pushrods, and a rocker stud. I simply had to go pick up the new parts at the builder very easy.

I do not know about CHP in regards to blocks, but I have their pistons in my car and they look and perform great!

Call every company and ask them about returns, problems, warranty, ect.. listen to what they say. Things like "our products never need warranty" make me a little nervous.

Ian

SCH Member
    I've had great luck with CHP. If you decide to go that route, ask for Shawn.

Regards,
    HD

Senior SCH Member
    Bennet and Keith Kraft are in a whole different league then CHP in my opinion for engine assembly! There is also a whole different price for their service too.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381