Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Whats heads to run? What heads does everyone have with thier Blower?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats heads to run? What heads does everyone have with thier Blower?

Junior SCH Member

Whats heads to run? What heads does everyone have with thier Blower?

I know that some heads work better with a blower than others, of course better flow = better with a blower im guessing.

I have a stock longblock and am going to upgrade heads/cam/intake over the winter. What are some of your setups and what times/hp are you running?

Anything to not get? Anything you suggest to get?

Any help/ suggestions are warmly invited. Thank you

Scott
    1988 GT Convertible. Sky Blue/Black Top. BBK equal lengths, MAC o/r H-pipe, 2 Chamber Flows. Aluminum Radiator. 9mm Ford Racing Plug Wires, Racing Seats, Steeda Triax shifter, 255lph high pressure walbro, Novi2000, 42lb injs, 80mm LMAF

On the Way: dyno tune/custom chip

Getting by next racing season: GT-40 heads, SystemaxII intake, e303 cam, 15x8, 15x3.5 Draglites, ET Streets, skinnies

Well I am kind of an old school 5.0 guy. I have run everything from High ports to GT-40's. I installed AFR 165's on my car and I can not believe the power they make. My car put down 472 at the wheels through the AOD. Stock cam, no porting. 1.7 rockers. Naturally my vote goes AFR
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

I also use AFR 165's they are the only way to go in my book :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by dugscpe
    Well I am kind of an old school 5.0 guy. I have run everything from High ports to GT-40's. I installed AFR 165's on my car and I can not believe the power they make. My car put down 472 at the wheels through the AOD. Stock cam, no porting. 1.7 rockers. Naturally my vote goes AFR
    Doug

Oh that horsepower number looks beautiful to me. What intake do you have? No porting at all? on intake or heads.? Wow thats a nice number. AFR 165's are looking good to me. Thank you

Scott
    1988 GT Convertible. Sky Blue/Black Top. BBK equal lengths, MAC o/r H-pipe, 2 Chamber Flows. Aluminum Radiator. 9mm Ford Racing Plug Wires, Racing Seats, Steeda Triax shifter, 255lph high pressure walbro, Novi2000, 42lb injs, 80mm LMAF

Getting by next racing season: GT-40 heads, SystemaxII intake, e303 cam, 15x8, 15x3.5 Draglites, ET Streets, skinnies

Here's the complete combo:
    Stock shortblock 100K
    AFR 165 heads
    TFS Track Heat
    70mm Mac throttle body
    1 5/8 shorties
    1.7 crane rockers
    36 pound injectors-No FMU
    Lentech AOD
    3.73 gears
    2800 pound coupe
    472rwhp
    435rwt
    10.8@126
    No porting what so ever!!! Everything is installed out of the box.
    Whoops-forgot the most important part
    Novi 2000-10 pounds of boost

Junior SCH Member
    WOW Doug 10.8 is awesome. I was thinking about that track heat intake, and I know im going to need a 70mm TB. Those numbers really give me a smile. I think I might just be pushing 500 RWHP with a manual and a upgraded cam?

That really is a great looking combo, i think I am going to get the 165's and the track heat, now I just need to find a good cam...... How much is a custom grind? Do you know? Thanks alot for the responses.

Scott

With a stick and custom grind cam, you should be in 500rwhp land. Just be careful and get a good tune. 500rwhp is about the point where the stock block lets go. My combo actually went 509rwhp with 30 degrees total timing and C16 fuel in it. The only reason I don't post those numbers is I don't drive it like that and I think it would blow up if I did. I run 26 degrees total timing on pump gas with no detonation. We actually made 22 dyno runs to get the A/F right. A custom grind cam will run you around $280.00, but it's probably worth it.
    Doug

Junior SCH Member
    Doug,

Thank you alot for the information. It is concrete in my mind now what im going to get,.

track heat
    165's
    custom grind cam
    Good tune

Thanks again

Scott

Don't forget to order from Jack @ MM, be sure to tell him you are a member.

Ian

Since you are going to get AFR 165cc (my personal fav and the ones I bought myself) order part number 1400. These are the ones with the 61cc combustion chambers. They also come with screw in studs for the rockers and guide plates. The larger chamber is preferable on a blower install. You could also run an Edelbrock Performer or performer RPM intake as they work very well with those heads. The Trick Flow is very good as well. Just offering options for you as you really can't go wrong with any of those intakes.

Ditto what Ian said. Call Jack @ Muscle Motors

See my sig...

However I do agree with IAN!!!! AFR's OWN!!!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Custom cam

Ed Curtis is pretty well known as THE guy for custom cams for 5.0's. He charges $325 US shipped for a one of a kind cam. I've heard nothing but good things about this guy and he gets results. You can check out his sit at:

http://www.flowtechinduction.com/

Senior SCH Member
    on my previous car 86gt i had a 302, edelbrock rpm heads box stock 2.02/1.60 valves, cobra intake, e cam, and shorties with vortechs trim with 11lbs of boost. it made 467 to rear and went 10.98 @ 127 so i liked the edelbrock rpms
    after i put on the novi 1k i also slipped on the edel rpm's and rpm intake with another e cam in the present coupe. it will be getting dyno'd next month...it went 12.50 @ 109 with only 5 lbs boost. i love those heads..the work well with my combo.

Junior SCH Member
    Old combo Stock long block, E cam, Cobra intake, 2K with stock pullies ect ect Ran 11.88 @114 pushing boost through the cooling system

New Combo: TFS High Ports, Holley intake, balance job on the stock bottom, and a few other little things. Gunning for LOW 10s maybe a high 9 at the end of the year when I dont care about breaking the block :)

Junior SCH Member
    I run a pair of cleaned up TFS Twisted Wedges'