Thread: bypass valve

Junior SCH Member

bypass valve

Did anybody ever find out if there was a domestic application that will work as a bypass valve for the novi 1000.

i havent heard of any domestic applications but frank (a memeber from here) recomended a bypass valve from a 2000 saab a4 turbo, runs about $35........

heres a link to a recent bosch bypass thread at the corral:corral-bosch

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the info

LOL do a search in here and there is more Bosch bypass valve info you can shake a big pointy stick at to inlcude an Official Bosch bypass thread.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

SCH Member
    Are those bypass valves off of the SAAB? Or is it a blowoff valve? The Bosch blow-off's are about $50-$60 bucks last time I checked.

I'm running about 2500rpm cruising on the highway at 75mph, it's riding in boost, and wants to surge at any mph over 75mph in "Cruise". I would think routing the air outside would be better than routing the hot air back into the air tube...Anybody else agree? Or is this OK? Do you think the change would prevent the slight surging at 75+mph?
    >>>>>>2000 SLT Dakota 4.7
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

mods: Novi-1000, True Duals, Ported stock TB

Junior SCH Member
    how are you riding in boost if you are just crusing i thought boost only comes in under a load or near to or at wide open throttle. do you have a bypass valve currently? do you have a boost/vac guage? look at it and if there is lots of vac, during crusing your throtle boby is closer to being closed. so how are you having boost while crusing

Junior SCH Member
    Notch, With the speed density set up, venting to atmosphere will not hurt anything and is the way to go. Should clear up any surging caused by pressure reversion built up at the throttle body.

SCH Member
    I think I'll get the Bosch unit.

It's under a load at 75+mph..It may not be wide open, but 2,500-3,000rpms, its pushing boost in 5th gear. (bypass isn't bypassin)

Guessiwon, we'll have to get together in Mooresville at the end of this month. In-laws bought a new place in China Grove, and we'll be making the trip up to help them move. I think I can take a break for a while to hit the drag-strip. ;)

Have you ran the truck in Mooresville with the charger yet?
    The best I'm getting here in the 1/8th mile is an 8.80. I need to get some fatter injectors, and a tune on it soon though. I don't know if you still cruise the Dodge websites anymore, but Bob Mankin is working on getting a custom flash together for the 4.7's. I'll be glad to see it.

Later
    >>>>>>2000 SLT Dakota 4.7
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

mods: Novi-1000, True Duals, Ported stock TB