Thread: '99 Cobra Novi 1000 or 2000 ?

Junior SCH Member

'99 Cobra Novi 1000 or 2000 ?

Does anyone have a 2000 on a '99 or '01 cobra ? I am curious as to what kind of power you are making. Could you please also include what injectors , chip , etc... you used for your combo.
    Is there anything I should be aware of before deciding on this blower ? I have heard rumors of boost spiking. Any tips/info would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    Brad

Junior SCH Member
    i'll let u know in two weeks.

looking for 500rwhp on 10-12 lbs
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    I'd be sorely tempted by the 2000. But all dreaming aside and to be practical, your '99 Cobra needs all the help it can get on the low end. Boost down low, the 1000 does slightly better than it's big brother (and a whipplecharger or turbo would be even better). And you need to remember to keep boost and fuel conservative with those oem hypereutectic pistons.
    Chris

Junior SCH Member
    with 4.30 gears there isn't much low end to worry about, and the novi 1000 runs out of capacity at around 500rwhp on this motor. I needed the run to grow, and i got a built motor so no worries.

either one will do a job.

there are currently no roots type blowers on the market for our cars, and turbo kits are very pricey.
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Originally posted by quadcammer
    with 4.30 gears there isn't much low end to worry about, and the novi 1000 runs out of capacity at around 500rwhp on this motor. are currently no roots type blowers on the market for our cars, and turbo kits are very pricey.
    Lots of other things run out of capacity at 500hp as well! :D Brad didn't mention if he was willing to build a race bullet that would take more than the 500hp that the 1K is capable of dishing out.

And you are correct - I just realized KB has delayed their '99-'01 Cobra kit further out, they now estimate @ Jan '04 intro date. (KB is not a roots type btw, it is a screw compressor).

*edit* also just realized either of you may have taken "all dreaming aside" as a personal insult - this was not intended!
    :bonk:

Junior SCH Member
    hell i know my car makes less power then a yugo a low rpm, hence the steep gear.

the kb is not a roots but nobody makes the roots for this car either. kb is gonna keep delaying the kit, i have a feeling.

my motor has arp head studs, its been true decked and has eagle rods, je pistons, arp main studs, billet oil pump gears etc etc. it should be able to handle as much as i could throw at it.
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor