Thread: 190lph pump.......please add suggestions

190lph pump.......please add suggestions

ok, i currently run a 190lph fuel pump. i ddi order the 255 high pressure unit when i ordered my new novi1k kit though. i was told by jack that i cannot run with my 190. he said the 255 is a must for base boost on the novi1k. i thought this was nuts. i thought you could install the novi1k on a bone stock fuel system. shouldnt my 190 be sufficient untill im ready for more boost? im just curious what others say here......im wondering if he was trying to get me to buy more parts! i know the 255 is the way to go, plus i can easily & safely up the boost, but i think we can draw the line in "must" for base boost............
    any input is appreciated.........
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

A 255 is not 100% needed, but I would install it for sure.

Ian

thanx ian, i deffinately plan to install it, im just wondering if i could have gotten by with the 190 at base boost.....then got a 255 as time/money permitted & i was ready for more power!

Yeah I would say you would have been ok, but people do not stick with the stock boost levels for long ;)

Ian

yeah, i hear ya.....have you heard anything about upping the boost on the new 1k units? do they have readily available crank pullies to upgrade? any ideas on the cost? thanx...........

If you run the supplied FMU you will have no issues with the 190, I think I was running at the most a 155 may be a 110, can't recall as it's been years since I installed it. I have a new 255 H/P sitting on the shelf if I can ever find the time to get my car back together...As for the new Novi 1000, your only option would probably be a custom pulley from ASP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th