Thread: build an engine combo

build an engine combo

Hey guy's here's somthing to do. Build an engine combo based on a stock shortblock with forged pistons. Say the pistons can be notched to clear a little larger valve. 306 the maximum displacement. What heads, cam, intake, feul stuff would you guy's use for a novi2k with this motor? How would you have the motor prepared or what not. Say this is also a car that could be driven everyday to and from work also. What would you guy's build. I'm interested to see what everyone comes up with. OH, the car must go low 11's or high 10's on slicks. Let's see what everyone comes up with.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    stock shortblock
    AFR 165 or TFS TW heads box stock
    TFS street heat intake
    Stock cam
    50lb injectors
    70mm TB
    80mm MAFS
    power pipe
    5 speed
    3.73 gears
    custum chip or EEC tuner/tweeker
    novi2000 15-17 psi
    use BTM or custum tune to dial back timing for street driving, use race gas at track

should go easy 10s with hook

AWSOME! who else? any more ideas!

Very nice Mike! Why the stock cam? Sleeper huh?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

the stock cam =less idle issues. I'd go with the afr 185's myself. They make An "offroad package', and thats an awesome head. But the 165's will be better with the stock cam. Pretty much what he said.Any of the intake they offer like edelbrock ,trickflow, and holley are good. anything you have behing a Novi 2k will put a grin on your face.

brent
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Stock Short Block- Zero Decked & Zero balanced (not sure if this counts as stock)
    Ed Curtis AFR 165's, custom cam
    TFS Track Heat Intake
    50 # squirters
    Pro-M 80
    3.73's
    Tweecer R/T
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

sean, I don't think a zero balance and zero deck classifies as stock. I think if somone is going to spend the money on that stuff there should be a dart block and some damn good internals involved.

I know some more of you guy's have some crative ideas. What compression piston would you use? I would probably go with somthing around 9 to 1.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    brandon, i said stock cam simply because its cheaper, less idle issues, and its quite proven to work

the combo i listed (at least the TFS version) could be modeled after NMRA real street, those guys are running low 10s with the stock cam and unported heads and intakes. i know last year there was several racers in the mid 10s with "out of the box" heads and intakes along with stock shortblocks. the faster cars obviously have built motors but results speak for themselves