Thread: Please Help!?!?!

Junior SCH Member

Please Help!?!?!

I only have an A trim and only pushin 5lbs, when put the supercharger in and step on it i blow smoke all out the back, It doesn't seem to hurt the power cause it moves pretty good. I think its comin out the real seal. I still have the stock cats on but have shorty headers will a breather help. The engine runs fine but damn is it embarresing What can i do! Thanks

Senior SCH Member
    rear seal w/not cause that, unless the oil is getting on the exhaust..dripping/blowing..more than likely blowby, causing oil mist on valve cover and running back and down the back of engine to exh/hdrs,or if coming from exhaust tips could be valve guide seals or rings..also could be valve covers..poss pcv bad..

Junior SCH Member
    When i look under the car when its been running for awhile you can see oil drip from the bellhousing, the cats smoke when im at a stop, im guessing the oil is getting on them and cause they are hotter that it is burning off. I do want to mention that i do have a b303 cam in it, stock heads, I really have to find some way to cutting this smoke down any suggestions

Senior SCH Member
    Ok. Let see if we can help ya out. What kind of car, motor, mods, miles, etc? If you can remember, when did this start to happen? Was it after you beat on the motor some? Is the oil more on the right side or left side of the motor?

Junior SCH Member
    Well don't laugh but there is 150,000 miles but had the gaskets changed at 100,000. I can see oil drip very slowly from connection of the bell housing bottom lip to the motor, it started right when i put it on and would make the front two cats smoke when i take the charger out everything goes back to normal, no real mods except shorty headers and b303 cam I love the charger so much cause it makes the stang move but im embarresed when its in cause of the smoke, Im not overheating, oil presure is fine? Thank u for your help guys

Senior SCH Member

smoke

based on your further info...150k...yeah,blowby and rear seal due to blowby.(pressure in crankcase)sounds like time for a refresh to me, or you could remove tranny and install a new rear seal.however, that w/not stop the crankcase press.....you might try going to a car wash and pressure wash the underside..that w/temporarily stop some of the smoke..

SCH Member
    Your motor is worn out and when you boost the car the crankcase pressurizes. it sounds like it is blowing oil past the rear main seal under boost. You might be able to make sure that your pcv valve does not allow a boost leak to the crankcase and vent the crankcase as much as possible, But, the real problem is the motor is worn dude.
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Junior SCH Member
    haha thanks yeah i know im hoping this summer to get dss 306 short block is this a good move or do any of you guys know of any good deals I put the supercharger in myself just curious was it hard for you guys to swap motors. thanks

Senior SCH Member
    monkey stuff..

Junior SCH Member
    Well at least you have a good idea that its just an oil leak. When I first installed a Paxton SN89 on my 88 GT years ago I learned how important Crankcase ventilation is. I was pushing oil out from under my distributor until I got a big enough Vent on the motor. GOOD LUCK. :D

ReadyRoss, double check the lower intake rear "rail" gasket, I've seen many of these blow out and leak down the back of the block.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th