Thread: do i really need an inline pump

Junior SCH Member

do i really need an inline pump

I have a 255 lph walbro pump in and i have a t-rex next to my computer that i bought on line that is missing an hose and the relay. do i need to install this t-rex. i plan on sticking her on the dyno on the 12th, so i need to know.

thanks
    David
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)
    fms c-springs, tinted out, O/R H-pipe cobra cat back, clear corners, red, polished 2000 GT wheels

89 lx 5.0 5speed(Victoria)
    bbk LT headers and h pipe,1.6 crane rockers, moly rings, arp bolts, f cam, felpro gaskets, frpp high voloume oil pump, world products windsor jr. heads with dual springs. 26X10.5X15 M/T ET streets 3.73 gears,autometer shift light, march u/d pullyes, hurst line loc 255 walbro pump, ATI Procharger P600B with 2-Core Intercooler!!!
    best time at track:
    13.8@ 98.5 w/1.8 60ft (no SC)

Senior SCH Member
    The only way to tell is with a wide band to see if your intank pump can keep up. How many psi of boost? Some can get away with just the 255lph, I had to install the inline or my car just plain ran outta fuel under boost!
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

The fact that you have it there is good for a "just in case" type of thing... if you don't need it, then sell it. If you do, then you already have it, it's just a matter of getting a relay (not a big deal at all) and installing it at that point. Let us know what happens.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    You don't need a relay to run an inline pump. Just do as I did and get the schematics for the fuel pump harness and wire it in with your existing pump this way it even works off the safety inertia switch as the factory intended. I have ran mine like this for years with no problems at all.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

I would suggest running a relay just to be safe... that's a LOT of load for the factory power wires... infact, if you do run a relay SnakeIs, you'd see an increase in pressure and overall flow because you wouldn't be splitting the power between 2 electric pumps.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

SCH Member
    I also have a walbro 255 intake and a t-rex that I have not installed, will they work together? Or does the t-rex not flow as much as the 255 in tank? Thanks Frank.