Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ys + small shot?

Thread: ys + small shot?

Junior SCH Member

ys + small shot?

im running a dart block 347 with a ys...73/30 cog setup

would a small dry shot (50-75hp) help or hurt?

im thinking that maybe it will cool it down enough that i will be able to run the same timing due to the colder air....and still have the extra 50-75hp.

am i crazy or should i give it a shot.

Go for it,, I am running a 75 shot with my S-trim,, the revs really get up going quick,,,, I have not seen the gains that I should,, but I think I have major ring blowby and my oil dipstick shoots out,,,,it cuts about 1/2 second off my et,,, I think I should see more,,, I think I will see more benefits now that I live in Denver ,, where the air is thin,,,, Bee

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by bumblebee03
    Go for it,, I am running a 75 shot with my S-trim,, the revs really get up going quick,,,, I have not seen the gains that I should,, but I think I have major ring blowby and my oil dipstick shoots out,,,,it cuts about 1/2 second off my et,,, I think I should see more,,, I think I will see more benefits now that I live in Denver ,, where the air is thin,,,, Bee
    i just dont want to grenade my new motor....how much boost are you running with the s trim?

i have 18lbs...is that too much to put a 50-75 shot on?

I was only seeing 9 lbs of boost at sea level,,, when I would juice it the boost guage was pinned past 20 ... If you are running that much boost you may have your engine on the edge,,, are you running low compression?,,, I guess the real factor would be how strong your motor is built,,,,, Bee

Junior SCH Member
    its a dart block 347 w/ eagle 4340 internals....im just worried about the thin 347 pistons...they are J&E but i dont know if they can handle it.

maybe i should look into water injection?

Thats an Idea,, I hear that Water/Methonal injection is nice and I think it cost less than 300 bucks,, I believe the site is www.snowperformance.com.. Bee

Junior SCH Member
    anyone else shed some light on the subject?

Hmmm

To be honest, I would not do it. I would max my combo out just as it is. I just do not believe that a YS needs help from nitrous to make big power.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    Tell him again; he need to be re-assured with that set-up; he is going to be one person that no-one wants to see on the track if it hooks. If is dark out someone is going to get there feelings hurt unless they have some equal heat...
    COME CORRECT
    PALADIN MOTORSPORTS
    BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Senior SCH Member
    change your crank pulley to a 77, you will see more boost, but the boost will also come in quicker, this will make that YS feel awesome down low. going to a 28 blower will give you a little more impeller speed than a 77/30 but you will have belt problems, when ever you get below a 30 the belt wrap is to tight and it will eat the belts. I run a 77/28 and see 25psi at 7400 roughly. the 77/30 is about 3000 less impeller speed.....my guess you will be around 20-22psi.
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member
    My best friend's car has a 408, TFS high port headed combo in his car with a YS trim. He uses a 75 shot with 25 pounds of boost. He also has the methonal injection kit from snow performance on it. The 75 shot gives him 115 rwhp. The methonal kit from smow performance is a great concept, but the quality of the kit is terrible. The only original part left on the kit at this point is the pump. Everything else has either broken or fallen apart.