Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Where can I get the elbow for a Power Pipe?

Thread: Where can I get the elbow for a Power Pipe?

Where can I get the elbow for a Power Pipe?

Anybody know of an alternative source for the 4" 90 degree elbow that is used on the Anderson Power Pipe. I got one used on eBay and it's missing and needs to be replaced. I'd get one from Anderson, but I live in Canada so it gets kinda expensive for what is basically just a piece of rubber. Anderson wants $35 US plus shipping so with the conversion on my monoply money I'll end up close to $80 for the damn thing plus taxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey Hawk,
    I have a suggestion. Vortech makes an elbow that is aluminium. I'm not sure what the part number is, but go to their site and search around to find the part number. This elbow came with my real street novi kit. It has a big hole in it for the return from either a mondo or race bypass, that you would have to plug, but other than that it's a pretty trick little part. Just a suggestion.

Brandon

Hawk,
    I ended up getting one from Home Depot(it's a big hardware store in the states, I'm not sure if you got them up there)I had to get one because I have a homemade power pipe. PM me if you have no luck and I will stop by there and see if I can get another one. I think I paid about $12.00 dollars for it. It's not alot cheaper, but every dollar counts.
    Doug

Hawk, if i can find mine from my power pipe, I'll just give it ot you. I'm not sure that it's still around here though. I'll let you know in the next couple of days.

Brandon

Who says there aren't any good people left in the world? Thanks Brandon, I'd certainly appreciate it.
    :D

Hey, just trying to help a fellow mustang goober out. Doug helped me, by sending a fpr, so I'm going to try to pass the torch. I'm in the middle of moving all my car stuff to another location, so there is a chance a buddy made off with it, or it's been misplaced, but I'll let you know by say sunday, unless you need it faster.

Brandon

Originally posted by dugscpe
    Hawk,
    I ended up getting one from Home Depot(it's a big hardware store in the states, I'm not sure if you got them up there)I had to get one because I have a homemade power pipe. PM me if you have no luck and I will stop by there and see if I can get another one. I think I paid about $12.00 dollars for it. It's not alot cheaper, but every dollar counts.
    Doug
    Thanks Doug. I'm assuming since you're using one the wall thickness must be pretty good on it. I thought about the Home Depot option but I just assumed it would not be the sturdiest piece. I learned from previous experience on a guys Vortech install on an Firechicken that if the wall thickness isn't sturdy enough, the elbow will collapse in on itself at high rpm. This happened on that install with the crappy rubber elbow supplied by Vortech in that kit. As soon as the car hit 4500rpm the car just fell flat on it's face. We figured out it was the stupid elbow. We replaced with a plastic one from a Mustang kit and low and behold, no more problems. I'll run out to the local Home Depot and check out what they have. Thanks for the help!
    :)

Glenn

Originally posted by UNTCHBL
    Hey, just trying to help a fellow mustang goober out. Doug helped me, by sending a fpr, so I'm going to try to pass the torch. I'm in the middle of moving all my car stuff to another location, so there is a chance a buddy made off with it, or it's been misplaced, but I'll let you know by say sunday, unless you need it faster.

Brandon
    Thanks Brandon. I'm in no hurry to get it.

I'll let you know soon glenn.

Brandon

For those that want to make their own

In my hunt for an elbow for my used AFM power pipe, A corral member pointed out this site in the US that has everything you would need to make one yourself as long as you can cut and weld. They have rubber elbows of every diameter and popular angles, mandrel steel bends in huge diameters, you name it. I figure this could be a good resourceful site for power pipe builders. A lot of the stuff is cheap too. The link below takes you to the rubber elbow spec page just so you can get an idea on those parts. I've also included the homepage as well. Do some hunting and see what you can find.

http://www.airflo.com/rubberparts.html

http://www.airflo.com/index.html

Glenn,
    I found the elbow, I just don't have the clamps for it, I used them on my own setup, so If you'll email your address, I'll ship it out on monday or maybe tommorrow if I can get around to fedex.

Brandon