Thread: have a P1SC off a 00GT, can i mount it on an 89 5.0?

Junior SCH Member

have a P1SC off a 00GT, can i mount it on an 89 5.0?

ok, asked this on the corral, and they all told me no. here is the deal. i got a intercooled procharger kit off a 00GT for a real good price. i want to mount it on my 89 5.0. everyone on the corral said i can't, b/c it is reverse rotatoin or something, and mounts were the power steering mounts.

why can't i just remove my power steering, battery to trunk, etc. and mount it there? i am FOR SURE i've seen plenty of 5.0s in the mags with prochargers mounted over there (on the drivers side).

maybe i'm just not getting it, and it will absolutely won't work. i really want to use this sucker though. i don't care if i have to buy some new brackets/piping. i already had that planned.

thanks for any help.

I have often wondered the same thing... if headunits from different years can be mounted using ATI's brackets on other year models. I think physicaly it is possible beacuse there are 2 different types of brackets for the 87-93... the one that leaves your A/C and power steering in it's place... all you need to do is move the battery. The other is with the renegade brackets that delete the A/C and power steering and it mounts the headunit lower than the a/c bracket setup.

If the 00' GT is a reverse rotation head unit, I would have to say no. If you could clock the volute (which is no problem) to discharge in the right direction and have the blue ATI serial number tag directly pointing up, then the oiling in the blower would work just fine, but again, if it is reverse rotation, no. The head unit is the same... just slightly different internaly for reverse rotation setups which won't allow you to do it. Call up ATI, ship it back to them to change to standard rotation and get your brackets. You might find that you are better off just selling it and making a profit so that you can get the right kit... the brackets and tensioner and very expensive.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    i have a standard rotation p-1sc i will trade 864 684-5398