Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
So winter is over right?? HAVE A LOOK!!

Thread: So winter is over right?? HAVE A LOOK!!

So winter is over right?? HAVE A LOOK!!

Crazy! It is supposed to be warm - not cold with 15+ CM of snow!

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow and i thought we had cold winters here in Oklahoma
    89 GT TFS Heads Systemax Intake
    TFS 2 cam 3:55s Novi 2000 42#ers
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph

It's been 75+ in Pittsburgh for the last two days...but I'm not rubbing it in or anything ;)

Seriously, it's supposed to drop back down to 40 on Sunday so I feel your pain Ian. We're not getting any snow but cold weather still sucks!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Crazy ain't the word Ian. This weather is seriously pissing me off I was going to start on my swap since I'm off work for vacation. The garage is a little small to work in, but I could manage, but the cold just can't be dealt with. It really holds me up. I could pull the motors out of the donor car and the Bird, but until it gets warmer, I'm stuck cause I want to paint the engine bay and it's simply waaayyyyy too cold to do that. I'm also having troublre finding a place to do my shortblock. You thought your motor was expensive to get done? The cheapest quote so far was $3800 Can. That's for:

degrease and mag test block, Eagle rods, rings, bearings, check and polish crank, deck block, align hone mains, hone cylinders with torque plates, balance bottom end, assemble including heads, pushrods, degree cam. Pretty simple I think plus I'm supplying all gaskets and hardware except for the pushrods.

I'm almost tempted to just say screw it, and put all the goodies on the 5.0 as it is (It's got 224K kms on it, or 140,000 miles) Nothing wrong with it persay, as it runs fantastic but the mileage is up there.

Hawk call WMS and see what they say!!!

The short block I ordered was cheap tilll I added the extras.

Talk to Shannon and say that either Chuck or Ian sent you they know who we are.

I paid 3400 but I added the block core $200, flywheel $200, balancer was another $200 theres more like the pistons and such were all custom, call and see what he says, also shipping another $140

atleast tell him to send you a catolog for pricing.

Note: these amounts are Canadian dollars
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Yeah give them a call - I just ordered their SDS so maybe he can give you a deal :p

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    I live in New Orleans....what are those little "-" signs in front of those little numbers like 4, 5, and 3???

Originally posted by bileaux
    I live in New Orleans....what are those little "-" signs in front of those little numbers like 4, 5, and 3???
    Those are minuses. When you see -3, that means 3 degrees below 0, which although cold, isn't all that bad. It's the windchill that makes it feel really cold. We can sometimes get windchill rated at around -35 degrees when it gets really cold in these parts. All told, it's better than living in Edmonton. It's quite common for the temp to be -30 to -40 there without windchill factored in! That's damn cold! I have family out there and it's common practice when the weather is like that, people don't shut their cars off when they go shopping and such out of fear it won't start back up.

how many months out of the year do you canadians get to use your cars?
    89 GT TFS Heads Systemax Intake
    TFS 2 cam 3:55s Novi 2000 42#ers
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph

Maybe 6 or 7....

Ian