Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where I stand.

Where I stand.

Well, my time has been very limited between school and work, so I've just been pluging away on my install a little at a time. I just have to punch my pan and get the damn crank pully off. That pully is such a headache. For those of you that know the problem, I've now broken a brand new paif of vice grips, modified and broken to box end wrenches, and a couple of drill bits. I'm getting the sawzill after it on saturday. And I still need to put my boost gauge in and install and set up my pms. I had an alternator bracket machined for the driver side of the car, so I've got a tension rod that tightens the belt now. Kinda like the march set up, only for the driver's side of the car with no idler. I've been taking pictures, but my damn digital camera and the card with all the pics was stolen out of my truck, along with my girl friends TV and her dirty laundry that was in the back of my truck. They broke the glass on my camper. So I'll be slow in getting the pictures, but I'll have some of the finished product soon. Hopefully saturday will be the day, but there will be no t-rex yet, so I guess no excursions above 3 grand or so. Sorry about the length, just letting you know my progress.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

is the crankshaft moving when you try to get the pulley off or is it just being the typical ***** to torque off?

hehe,

well, damn don't know how i did that.
    The guy that had the car before me, when he put on the underdrive pullies he apparrentlly didn't understand why the allen bolts where supplied, and threaded in two of the 9/16 hex head bolts with lock tight. So I can't get a wrench or anything on them. I tried to do the harmonic balancer bolt, but my impact didn't get it done, and my real big breaker bar was just making the car roll backwards in 5th gear and over my tire chucks. So I'm just going to try to get the 2 hexes out. I've got one of them broken loose, but nothing doing with the other one yet.

Brandon

Brandon,
    Sorry to hear about the thieves stealing your stuff. I HATE F**KING THIEVES. I just went through it, so I know the feeling. I hope they didn't get any of her GOOD laundry. As far as that damn crank pulley goes, cut the thing off. What size in tank pump are you running? If I remember right, you are running a Walbro 255 in tank? You should be able to run it up to 5800rpm, just make sure you set the timing to about 6 degrees to start.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Yeah doug, the set up will be like this. 255lph walbro, your feul pressure reg. and some 36#ers. With the pms, which has all different kinds of timing being backed out of the program. I'm still waiting on my credit for my fmu to go through, but as soon as it does, I'll be putting in the t-rex. Do you think I should run without the pms to start with? None of maggie's "good" laundry was taken. Hopefully they're just washing it, and are going to return it! hehe.

Brandon

I personally would wait to install the PMS. That way if there is a problem after you start it, you won't be chasin your tail too bad trying to figure it out.
    Doug

I agree. So you say, 6 degrees on the timing, and about 45psi of feul pressure? I'll actually probably put the pms on, but just use it to monitor the car, and not change any of the tune yet.

Brandon

Yea, I know its a real conservative tune, but would you rather replace a headgasket after your first test drive?
    Doug

No way, I'm all about conservative. I was just making sure there was nothing I was forgetting. Hey doug, what do you use for an electric fan? how cool does it keep your car in the cali heat?

Brandon

I could have sworn I answered this question before. It must be De Ja Vu. I use the Flex-A-Lite slim line dual fans. They come in a bunch of different colors. My car actually runs TOO cool. I only turn the fans on when I sit in traffic, otherwise my temp guage never goes over 160. The fan costs about $200.00
    Doug

ah, I think you did! Sorry about that. Those fans won't fit my radiator. The fin area is only 24" Hmmm, I'll probably just do a single fan thats like a 16" or so.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~scottsfans/

Try this I was reffered by a friend of mine to check these guy's out...

Brandon,
    What did you ever do about he crank pulley?

Thats wild, that Scotts Manufacturing is one street over from where I work. I'll have to go check them out. Btw if that 805 area code doesn't work on that link, use 661, they took 805 out of the area a few years ago, surprised they haven't changed it. I actually need to get an electric fan still. If I like what they have, I'll post pictures of it mounted on a Granatelli 3row.

Thanks for the link Blown Aod, never woulda known they existed.