Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
help with tensioner install - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with tensioner install

OK guys thanks, I called both mm, paxton and left a msg on both recorders. If not replied by 12:00 tomarrow I will call both on my lunch.

Again thanks,

BTW: I expected the tapping of the oil pan to take atleast 45 minutes. It took me 15 even with me smashing my thumb with the hammer.

It's easy to install: I fixed the hitting of the hood installed everything. Now to finish the supercharger off I need to get a powerpipe, bypass valve.

THINGS LEFT TO GET BEFORE I START IT:

1. Walbro intank Fuel Pump 255 gpm
    2. 80mm Lightning MAF
    3. Accufab 70mm TB, EGR spacer kit
    4. Mopheous PowerPipe

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Senior SCH Member
    I installed my Novi 1000. Pics will come tomorrow as I just got finished.

I'm having a problem now. I'm running 5-6#s of boost on my 10.5:1 compression setup. I took the car out for a cruise and it had very little power, almost as if it was running on 6 cylinders or something. It backfired once and I noticed the temperatures were up to 210 degrees! (no cats and pig rich)

So, I pulled off the road for a moment and let her cool down and it didn't want to start... Took me five attempts to get it to start. No computer codes. Then I drove her back to the house and listened for pinging or detonation and didn't get any. However, the car is running RICH as in Bill Gates Rich! ;) I'm running autolite plugs with stock gaps and a crane hi-6 ignition and lx92 coil. The car was having trouble starting also, and I noticed it was idling really rough. So, I plan to go to some colder plugs and drop the timing (currently at 14* advance). I plan to take the car in to Steeda next weekend to have it dyno tuned and get a few programs burned for the new chip. (93 octane, 101 which is my usual octane of choice, 104 and 118)

NOTE: I ran the car without the blower on the way back home. Just took the belt off and it ran, but it was STILL acting up. So the problem is not the blower itself.

No other problems, just won't idle for more than three minutes and I think I've put my finger on it. Will install the BTM tomorrow and see if that solves the issue then get the new plugs in. ;) Anyone else experience this problem or have any advice?

What's a good safe timing for my setup? I'm mainly interested in getting it reliable again. :(

Get the BTM in and start with 10 initial - then you can move to 12 with .5 on the BTM, and maybe 14 with 1 or 1.5 on the BTM. You have to play with your fuel, timing, and BTM to get it perfect.

The car is not starting as it is most likely full of fuel. To start the car just put your foot to the floor when starting - this shuts of the injectors.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    Get the BTM in and start with 10 initial - then you can move to 12 with .5 on the BTM, and maybe 14 with 1 or 1.5 on the BTM. You have to play with your fuel, timing, and BTM to get it perfect.

The car is not starting as it is most likely full of fuel. To start the car just put your foot to the floor when starting - this shuts of the injectors.

Ian
    Thanks for the advice, Ian! ;) I knew that BTM would come in handy ;) heeh

When you say .5 on the BTM, what exactly does that mean? Sorry, not too familiar with BTMs! :)

Well the BTM dial has 1, 2, and 3 printed on it, when I say .5 I mean between 0 and 1.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    My BTM dial has 0 to 20 degrees on it.

It is not made by MSD I guess?

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    It is not made by MSD I guess?

Ian
    It's a Crane Fireball TRC-2 with MAP Sensor and dial. I have the Crane Fireball HI-6 CD Ignition box and LX92 Coil with FMS 9mm plug wires.

Ahh ok - the MSD's only have 1, 2, and 3.

Ian

OK guys, I called kelly at paxton and he said it will be shiped tonight.

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)