Thread: New to site, have a few questions...

Junior SCH Member

New to site, have a few questions...

First off, Greetings Folks. Neat website you all have here. My 1000 is about 2 years old. Is this the outdated Blower your talking about or is it not and can be updated for a 2000 swap later on? If it is what all can you do in the way of upgrading it? I though of trying to trade it into Paxton for just a 2000 head unit. Will the 2000 fit my 1000's bracket? Thanks in advance, set me straight..
    '96 2v 515rwhp on pump gas..
    Built longblock by Al Pappito
    Boss330racing.com

The old 1000 with the single belt driving acces. & blower is not designed for an upgrade to the 2000 head-unit. The new design is essentially a 1000 head-unit in 2000 like bracketry, with a separate drive drive belt. If you are looking to up the boost, the 1000 can be spun to get nearly 15#'s semi-efficiently (you're currently only running 6#'s according to you sig).

You may want to look into a f-150 crank pulley & a powerpipe ( both combined should result in close to 10#'s), if that don't get it, you can put a smaller pulley on the blower or step up to a larger custom ASP crank pulley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    I definately intend on going to a smaller pulley for the blower(3.00") and Powerpipe will be an addition after the rebuild. Not doubting you, but is this correct on the f-150 crank pulley, will this work on the Modular motors? If it is, it could be an asset in the long run if I don't reach my goal of 500rw with just a smaller pulley. My goal is the 500rw with the plastic intake, my ported heads but with possibly bigger valves and maybe a different regrind number plus the forged internals. I don't want to have to get a Bullitt intake to reach my goal and should'nt have to. Thanks, Russell...
    '96 2v 515rwhp on pump gas..
    Built longblock by Al Pappito
    Boss330racing.com

Sorry Aluminum didn't realize that you had a mod motor, your only route would be a pulley from ASP.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

you don't have to go custom. you can buy a paxton pulley for 79 bucks. that's what i did. doesn't take as long. i got mine from www.need-4-speed.com enjoy!
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

Man I am just full of mis-information on this one, I give up, lol.