Thread: 1800?

Junior SCH Member

1800?

i ofund a novi 1000 kit for 1800. is this a good deal. plus 475 installl. im thinking i want to do it but im not sure.

Is the kit new or used? If used what extras does it have? Save the $475 and do it yourself if you are fairly mechanically inclined, we'll help. I hate to see people spend hard earned cash on something they can accomplish on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    umm it is new. and yes i can work on stuff. i have 2 brothers that could surely hwlp me. they had older trucks and the y fixed theirs up and did it them selfs. is that a good deal though. 1800. here is the link to it. this is a shop that is 10 min away form my house! houstonperformance.com

Hate to say it but most times you can save some considerable cash by doing business outta state, compare the shipping cost to the tax of ~8% ($144 for tax vs. about $50 for shipping). Get ahold of Jack at Musclemotors.com last I saw the 100's were running just shy of $1700 (not sure if Paxton has increased price yet with new 1000 unit), if I recall correctly my kit ran about $50 for shipping. Let Jack know you are a Novipower member.

Anyhow, don't spend the extra cash for the install. Get your Bro's to help ya out, buy a case of beer & have fun with it. If ya get stuck, let us know.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

$1800 is a decent price. Since the shop is close to you, you're gonna save some money on shipping. My 1000 cost me $1700 and that was with shipping.

If you shopped around, you might be able to save $100 or so but if it were me, I'd just pick it up from the shop and save the hassle.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Doh! I forgot about the sales tax! Good point 5150! :)
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

If 1800 was "out the door" price then I'd agree with you totally, but I have a feeling that the 1800 is prior to sales tax, he'd be looking at nearly $1950 in TX. If I could save a $100 & wasn't in a big hurry, I'd save the $100+ unless I was helping out a buddy & buying from him.

lol, you beat my response...too many beers here & I'm typing impared :D

Junior SCH Member
    yeha thanks 5150. u made a really good point. i would save 100 dollars and i would get the new kit. i would in stall it in my driveway so i can't drink. me=16years of age. my parents care when i drink in front of them. ok. ill order i form jack. but i still have 3 months till i get it. i dont even have a car yet. im still 15. in a month and 1/2 ill be 16. then i gotta drive it for a month. and order a supercharger. can we install it in one day. or is it like a weekend type of thing. do u have to break them in?? thanks alot

Jack is @ 1699 or so...

Ian

Can be done in a day, go install at an older bro's place then ya can throw backa few :D, take your time in finding a Fox body stang, there is alot of "junk" out there that has been rode hard & put up wet to put it in Texan terms, lol.

Junior SCH Member
    ok. well my bro that is 24 just moved back in. maybe after we get installed. see what is funny is. im only like 5'1. haha. if i drink 6 im throwing up. we do it at the deer lease. it was fun. but it kinda hurt. plus i want to drive after i install it. i have a month to look. i just called today about one. it had a salvage title though. il most likely get oen form jack then if it only cost about 1650 at my door. that saved me 300, if i do it.

Junior SCH Member
    holy crap u ran 11's with that many mods. that is awesome.i just printed your profile out. so i have some mods to lok off of. ill have the fastest car at my school then. yes yes yes!!!! that's my goal.