Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi GSS question

Thread: Novi GSS question

Junior SCH Member

Novi GSS question

Hello I have a chance to buy a novi gss for a grerat deal. Is this like the old style SN series (ball drive instead of gear drive) I'm looking only to run 6-8pnds of boost. How much better is the NOvi 1000 for a daily driven car. I have a 91 LSC SE 5spd w/ 3:90 gears and just want to be alittle faster then your average ricer. thanks Andel
    1991 LSC SE

Yes these are the same as the ball drive units. If you only want to run 5-6 lbs of boost, they work quite well on a car that is primarily street driven. The Novi 1000 would be a better blower simply due to durability. I had a friend who had one on his Mustang and loved it. Keep in mind these blowers are not maintenence free. They require the oil they contain to be changed around every 3000 miles and it's a pain in the *** to do (you have to siphon it out) So unless it's a really good deal and you can vouch that it has been maintained (they aren't cheap to rebuild) use common sense before you decide to purchase.

Senior SCH Member
    Get a NOVI 1000. You will not regret it. The ball drive unit will just end up costing you more in the long run than if you went ahead and bought the NOVI 1000 now.

Junior SCH Member
    if u have a mustang u should be faster that your average ricer shouldnt u? i dont know what lsc means

Junior SCH Member
    Hello I know most guys here have Mustangs. LSC (Luxory Sport Coupe) SE is a lincoln Mark VII. SE is special edition, in 91 they made 500 in Black, 500 in Red and 500 in Silver or grey in color. SE 's had all the chrome monochromatic (same color as car) All LSC's shared the HO 5.0 Mustang motor. You have a luxory ride but with Mustang performance. Drawback is that they weigh about 3800 lbs. Mine we installed 5spd out of 93 GT. 3:90 motion gears, 2 1/2 H-pipe and flowmasters and converted to mass air (Mark VII's stayed speed density through all the years.) among other things. thanks Andel
    1991 LSC SE