Thread: good 1st mod or not?

Junior SCH Member

good 1st mod or not?

i was wondering when i get my 5.0 if it is totally stock would it be good to get a novi 1000 first, or should i do exhaust and headers. thanks

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    I think the Novi 1000 will work great on a 100% stock engine at entry level boost settings . Buy whichever you can afford first .

Junior SCH Member
    there are no first or last mods. I said I was done when I dyno tuned my old powerdyne with new mass air and TB. Now I have a 1000, 5 speed conversion, and bigger injectors. Just take your time and dont over spend.

Junior SCH Member
    ok kool. i was just making sure it would work on totally stock everything. well ill prob buy one that has somestuff done to it b/c i dont see that many 100% stock one's

Originally posted by coupe dreams
    and dont over spend.
    HAAH, right! I wish some1 would have told me this before I was interested in cars. :p
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Originally posted by RydeOn
    HAAH, right! I wish some1 would have told me this before I was interested in cars. :p
    Hey, ME TOO!! I bought my 89 and a week later I was in debt from mods. I'm still in debt, but only around $600 now. :p
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer