Thread: I Absolutely Hate My Car!!!!!!!!!!

I Absolutely Hate My Car!!!!!!!!!!

/Rant/

I spent the last 3 weeks (nights and weekends) putting my 418ci motor in my car. I spent countless dollars and WAY too many hours changing everything around. Last week I went to install my long tube headers and they didn't fit, it cost me $450.00 dollars to have them "fixed" to clear my AOD. I spent the rest of the week changing fuel system stuff, modifying brackets and so on. This morning I wake up really early(7:00am) and get to work on the car so I can get it running today. I finally got everything done and hit the key. It fired right up :D. I let it run for about 10 minutes and checked for leaks, no leaks at all. I let it cool down while I installed the hood. After I get the hood on, I started it up again and let it idle for a couple of minutes. I looked under again only to see a HUGE oil leak coming from the rear of the engine. I mean it was pouring down in a stream. I look around and its pissing oil from the between the motor and trans. I pull the inspection cover and see everything covered in oil. I look at the back of the intake and its dry. I checked the whole top of the motor and no leaks. So tomorrow I get to pull my over weight AOD out of my car to find the oil leak:bang: :bang: :bang: . I hate this car soooo bad right now. Anybody want to buy a cheap coupe with a new motor in it. AS IS:(
    Doug

I will fly out tomorrow and give you $5 :D

I know the feeling - I went through the same thing a few times! I feel for you dropping that damn AOD, it is a pig!

Good luck!

Ian

Ouch. Just hang in there. Just think how you'll feel when it's all done. Everyone gets to this point at one time or another.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Doug put a C4 in it and you can fix the leak by yourself;)

Good luck with your repairs because you are bound to enjoy that beast once it rolls.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Update,
    I pulled the tranny out today and found a hole the size of a pencil lead right in the middle of the crank. It looks like when the crank was machined, they went in too far with the lathe???? How can this happen to a $8400.00 long block. Why didn't they catch this before I got it? I can't wait to get them on the phone tomorrow. The only problem is that I got this motor 1 1/2 years ago. I put it my 85 Mustang but I never fired the motor. If they won't warranty it, I'm thinking of just putting a freeze plug in there and see what happens. Any of you guys got any suggestions?

:( Doug :(

Doug, thats fupped up! See what they say, and maybe have some pics ready to email to somone. If no relief there I might try having it welded up possibly. Just some ideas. Take it easy on the second guy you get on the phone down there. The first one I would rip a new one for. Usually the first guy that answers the phone isn't that important anyway.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Just get it welded up doug and be done with it. Hell call out a mobile welder and have them tig it up and go drive that beast.

Keep us informed as to what happens eh.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

:D :D :D Ye Ha I fixed it. I used a 1 inch freeze plug and then JB welded into place. I called D&D motorsports this morning and Dave(the owner) couldn't have been nicer. He told me that he had never seen something like this, but thats the story of my life. He told me to pull the motor out, take it to him, and he would replace the crank, no problem. I told him I would rather try my idea first and see if it works. He agreed so I tried it. I thought about welding, but I figured the freeze plug was a better idea. Thanks for the sympathy pains everybody. I appreciate it.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Nice to hear that about dave!

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Heres a pic of the "fixed" crank. It aint pretty, but it works. I did sand the high spot out of the lower portion of the hole.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here a pic of the new motor

I know theres no blower on there yet. Notice the little NX solenoids on the rear of the motor:D . I have to have some kind of power adder;) .