Thread: Oil in FMU? WTF

SCH Member

Oil in FMU? WTF

Im getting oil in my intake so bad that it is going into my fmu. When i replaced my 19lb disc i found a glob of oil on top of the blue disc. I put in the 24lb disc and it ran like a champ for 2 days and now having the same problem, running wierd, not fast, ect. Will oil in the fmu cause chaos and will a oil seperator solve my problem?

Nate

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Do you have your valve cover vented?
    Did you plug the throttle body spacer vent?
    Anything that once was a vacuum source is now when under boost a oil spray source. You must have the engine vented or you will have leaks from the oil pan, valve covers, distributor, intake manifold. If it is vented then your passing boost past the rings.

SCH Member
    ford motorsport breather, turbocoupe pcv valve and there was no cylinder ridge when i did the motor work, ported heads a little and new gaskets. will a oil seperator help this issue.

Nate

Guess that would help capture it till you find out why your blowing out so much oil under boost.

SCH Member
    Find my problem. This had to happen when I had no PCV ran and just the breather. I think i found my problem all along, a burnt mass air wire. DOH

What does Oil in the discharge tube or anyplace else have anything to do with your MAS.

SCH Member
    MAS?

You stated above that your MAS(MAss Air System) was your problem. Bad MAS does not cause oil in your intake tube.

SCH Member
    Im getting blow by too. Im just running dual catch cans with breathers on top. Before I was blowing oil right out the dipstick.