Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Powerpipe with Novi2k on fox bodies

Thread: Powerpipe with Novi2k on fox bodies

SCH Member

Powerpipe with Novi2k on fox bodies

Im thinking of adding a AFM Powerpipe to my Novi2000 in my 93'LX.
    Does the powerpipe fit,since everything is so tight?
    If so,what modifications do i need to do to install it?

THANKS

Tony,
    The power pipe does fit a little tight. The only thing you have to modify is the original hole next to the passenger shock tower and you have to extend the wires for the MAF sensor. I have found that the easiest way to modify the hole is with a dremel tool with a cut off wheel on it. It only takes about 15 minutes to open the hole. I always open it up a little wider than you have to so you can intall some kind of trim piece around the hole. I tried to attach a picture, but it wont let me . Go to the photopost(at the top of the page) and look at the underhood shot of my blue car. You can see the hole and how close it is.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

I got you covered Dougy!

Does this look sweet or what?:)

It fits really good, just cut the hole and either get an maf extender, some company makes the little harnass I just can't recall offhand, sold it with my pro-m.

I believe the company you are thinking of is Interactive Systems and Technologies. They make all kinds of adapters and conversion harnesses for Mustangs.

http://www.mass-air.com/

Thanks for posting the pic Hawk,
    As far as extending the wires for the MAF, I learned my lesson in about 1994 when Procharger sent me the "extension" harness for the MAF sensor. They charged me $35.00 dollars for 4 pieces of wire and 8 butt connectors!! So the moral of the story is, make your own extender. It takes 10 minutes. Just make sure you dont croos the wires.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

That's what I would do. Cut it and extend it with some matching gauge wire, solder it up and heatshrink. done. Cost: some of your time and $2 worth of solder, wire and heatshrink.