Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fuel

Thread: Fuel

Fuel

What type of fuel are you guys running, especially you Spence. And how hard is it on your 02s. I was considering C16, but kind of hard to come by in the St. Louis area.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    I run Phillips B42... 105 octane unleaded. I'm thinking about making the jump to C16 soon.

Junior SCH Member
    I run torco 114 from orange ball 76 gas stations.
    COME CORRECT
    PALADIN MOTORSPORTS
    BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Senior SCH Member
    back about 5 years ago when I was running my S trim, I ran sunoco GT+104, got a bad load and melted 2 pistons, after that I decided to buck up and never run anything lower than C16. I tried Torco 118NOS and fell in love, it is so much easier to read the plugs than with C16, so all I run now is Torco. As far as O2s, well you need to run the motorsport DY606 large barrel ones as they seem to last the longest(15-20 passes, then it would start idling like crap) there is a trick of heating them with a torch then dipping it in water and it cleans the lead off.....Ive never done it but know a few that have. I had the bright idea one time to try some borg-warner O2s, life time warrenty, they were cheap too.......now I know why, 1 pass they were shot.......hehe.
    Spence

8.96/160

fuel

Spence,

How long did did you run C16 and how long did you 02s hold up while running it? I ran Sunoco 104 when I had my Kenne Bell running, it was a good gas for the KB, but it is so oxygenated you had to really dump alot of it, or you would lean out. How much do you pay for the Torco 118nos?

I will cruise this car on the street occasionally, I want to run the class that cruising 30 miles and come back to the track and blast off three passes. That why I am a little concern about 02 life.

Check your PM.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Senior SCH Member
    I ran C-16 for a year......then switched to 118NOS. O2s lasted 15 or so passes, I usually changed them every other race. Torco 118NOS is roughly $475 a drum right now.
    Spence

8.96/160

Re: fuel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brcuda
    [B]Spence,

How long did did you run C16 and how long did you 02s hold up while running it? I ran Sunoco 104 when I had my Kenne Bell running, it was a good gas for the KB, but it is so oxygenated you had to really dump alot of it, or you would lean out. How much do you pay for the Torco 118nos?

I will cruise this car on the street occasionally, I want to run the class that cruising 30 miles and come back to the track and blast off three passes. That why I am a little concern about 02 life.

We run in that class (True Street) and tune/race with Turbo Blue--110 octane leaded from the Sunoco dealers in the Detroit area. Our tuner swears by it for anything under 25 lb of boost. As for the O2's,well, ours are shut off as is the egr thru the custom chip but I would think that you wouldn't get more than 150 miles out of them burning the leaded fuel--just a guess.

Take Care,
    9.42 @ 148.62

REBEL RACING http://www.rebelracing.8k.com