carb and carb hat

who does a good blow through carb
    which carb hat is the best
    1985 gt
    p-1sc 2 row intercooled

Junior SCH Member
    You can use any supercharger out there

You'll need a blow thru prepped carb
    As far as carb hats, it all depends on you hood clearance.

CSU/West coast Fab hat: is the best one out, exspecially for hig boost it is rather tall requires big hood scoop/cowl ......$170.00

ATI procharger Hi-Flow carb hat: Good flowing hat for moderate boost levels.......$125.00

Ati Procharger low profile carb hat: works pretty well on low boost motors, i have ran high 10's with this perticular hat.....$75

Paxton/Vortec enclosures: they require less carb mods , but can be a pain when tuning,as you have to take the top half of the enclosure off.............Plus they are rather costly $500 bucks +

Exreme Velocity: Newest carb hat on the market, made of plastic with a patent divider inside used to redirect the air into the venturis........$200

Junior SCH Member
    who would you suggest for building carb?
    1985 gt
    p-1sc 2 row intercooled

Junior SCH Member
    The modifacations a pretty simple:

1. install nitrophyl floats ( they won't collaspe under boost)

2. install .110 to .120 needle and seats

3. make sure it is a double pumper with air horn and choke remove ( also make sure the choke rod hole is sealed)

4. fatten up your jetting 10% 85/95 to start with... tune from that point

5. if your good with a drill , you can drill and tap your fuel bowls with a 1/8 to -4 an..........connecting them to equalize the pressure between the 2 ( this is optional)

6. Throttle shafts don't require any sealing unless they are worn from age and use or you plan on high boost levels.

7. If you don't feel comfortable with any of the above advice, contact CSU (Carbureted solutions unlimited) they'll help you, but it'll cost you

Junior SCH Member
    what would you use for power valve
    1985 gt
    p-1sc 2 row intercooled

Junior SCH Member
    The depends on the cam you use.

i run a #35 power valve with 6inches of vacuum

I run the big comp cams Nitrous HP cam

Junior SCH Member
    That extreme velocity hat looks nice. I'm going to try it out just for the low profile and downward angle just so I can get rid of my hood spacers.

I can't find any pictures showing the divider you're talking about though. Is there any more any on that or am I missing something on their web site?
    83 Capri
    Intercooled F1R
    351W, 8.5 Compression
    CNC Canfields
    Solid roller cam
    Super Victor intake
    Holley 750 DP
    1-3/4 headers, 3" exhaust

Junior SCH Member
    I don't know of anymore pictures of it, one of the pics on their website shows the leading edge of it if you look close...........Their was a guy on a blowthru group on yahoo who has one, and he said its "V" shaped

Junior SCH Member
    how do get a hold of csu web site or phone?
    1985 gt
    p-1sc 2 row intercooled

Junior SCH Member
    CSU Phone # 908-370-2316

Junior SCH Member
    KingStang, I am going to a ProCharger F2, as you know it can make big boost in my eyes. I am not sure what is considered big boost on carb set ups. I am not too worried I have an outstanding carb by PRC in Texas that worked great on my last engine (Nitrous). I have already talked to them and they said it should be no problem. Thanks for the list of carb modifications!! It helps in making sure I have done everything possible.

When you talk about carb hats you say they are different, how different are we talking, 5 hp or 50 hp difference. I understand the different shapes and sizes, just wonder how much of a differnce does it make.