Thread: p-1sc and steeda pullies

Junior SCH Member

p-1sc and steeda pullies

I have a 02 mustang gt with steeda pullies and I was wondering if I would have to re-install my stock pullies before I installed the supercharger. Thanks for the help.

Junior SCH Member
    I'm assuming these are underdrive pullies. I took mine off and put the stock ones back on mine. Thats what the insructions told me to do. I think the smaller crank pulley wil spin the blower at a different speed. I have a 94 gt with a p1sc. You could call procharger and they should be able to tell you what effect it would have.

Andy

Yes, you need to put your stock pullies back on... if you don't, then the belt wrap on the pullies, belt size, and accessory drive speed will all be wrong. The whole point of under drive pullies is to reduce parasitic drag... hense, reduce the loss of power from your accessories (power steering, alt, water pump, a/c, ect...) and it does so by spinning them slower, in some cases, significantly slower. You need ALL of your stock pullies installed when running a serpantine blower setup otherwise it will just not be right for a lot of reasons, and you won't make nearly the boost you are supposed to even if you did end up finding the right belt length for it.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the help. My supercharger should be here in around two weeks and I am sure I will have other questions.