Thread: p1sc 5.0's with h/c/i

Junior SCH Member

p1sc 5.0's with h/c/i

How many of you guys with 5.0s running a p1sc with heads, cam, and intake? How much boost are you running with what size pulley. What is your timing set at. what kind of power you making.

p1sc 10# boost with a 18# pulley 2 core intercooler
    (with stock motor I got 10# boost from the 14# pulley but after heads/intake I had to get the 18# pulley to bring it back up to 10#)
    afr 165 heads
    holley systemax intake
    aderson b-21 cam
    1.7 rockers
    65 mm tb
    75 mm mass air
    full exhaust
    3.73 gear
    timing set at 10* btm on 1

437 rwhp, 426 tq

I did put in deep dish pistons when I rebuilt my motor so I'm probably loosing some power there sense my boost level and timing are set up the same as when I had the stock pistons. car made 422 rwhp with same as above but before pistons and cam.

Senior SCH Member

Re: p1sc 5.0's with h/c/i

Originally posted by 9ivgtvert
    How many of you guys with 5.0s running a p1sc with heads, cam, and intake? How much boost are you running with what size pulley. What is your timing set at. what kind of power you making.

p1sc 10# boost with a 18# pulley 2 core intercooler
    (with stock motor I got 10# boost from the 14# pulley but after heads/intake I had to get the 18# pulley to bring it back up to 10#)
    afr 165 heads
    holley systemax intake
    aderson b-21 cam
    1.7 rockers
    65 mm tb
    75 mm mass air
    full exhaust
    3.73 gear
    timing set at 10* btm on 1

437 rwhp, 426 tq

I did put in deep dish pistons when I rebuilt my motor so I'm probably loosing some power there sense my boost level and timing are set up the same as when I had the stock pistons. car made 422 rwhp with same as above but before pistons and cam.
    Why are you running a BTM with an intercooler? Honestly you should not need to pull out timing on this car. What kind of fuel system are you running?
    Is this car tuned? I would think it has alot more left in it w/ the parts you listed.
    Just as example, I made 464rwhp and 431 ft/lbs on 9-10#'s, with GT40X heads, e303, shorty headers, cat-hpipe, 75 bullet, stock cobra intake, stock short block etc.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Senior SCH Member
    Dan- I think your car is just a demon! and those 123mph trap speeds are just sick! It makes me want to go back to a bone stock motor and just bolt the blower and some heads on! I've put what I thougt was the best of everything in my motor and it rewards me with a sickening 255rwhp....... I know somethings wrong but still.

ps. I have the smallest pulley that ATI makes on my P600 and I can only get 10psi-sometimes 11 when its really cool outside.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    Dan
    I'm running 42# injectors with 255 walbro pump. Yes the car was tuned but I wanted it safe. It might just be to safe. I was hopeing to get a little more out of it. So you think I can run 10* timing with no btm? how much octane should I run? Aren't the d1sc's more efficient? What do you think about the spout out method for timing?I think the a/f was around 11:5 if I remember right

Thanks for the reply
    Andy

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by 9ivgtvert
    Dan
    I'm running 42# injectors with 255 walbro pump. Yes the car was tuned but I wanted it safe. It might just be to safe. I was hopeing to get a little more out of it. So you think I can run 10* timing with no btm? how much octane should I run? Aren't the d1sc's more efficient? What do you think about the spout out method for timing?I think the a/f was around 11:5 if I remember right

Thanks for the reply
    Andy
    Andy,
    Sounds like your fuel system is up to par. I honestly think you need to ditch the BTM and run 10 degree base timing to see how the car responds. With an intercooler I honestly don't believe in running a BTM unless your making alot of psi, which you are not. 11.5:1 is still conservative tune, and this is about where I would like to be from the 11.1 Larocca tuned me. ( I am sure I am more lean now due to increased boost since the tune )
    If you can, run 93 or 94 octane in the car, and you should be fine.
    As far as the spout out, alot of people have mixed feelings about this, personally I won't do it, yeah it locks the timing in and would probably yeild more power, however I don't like "guessing" how lean my car could actually get doing this. IF I were to do something like that, I would be on a dyno monitoring the a/f ratio, and running a race gas mix.
    My 123mph traps made me happy, I was actually hoping to get the car to 120mph on 10psi, however best I got was 119. Once I get the car straightened out w/ the possible head gasket issue, I am going to go for 125 on the same 13psi. I can also promise you, that your car has more than 255rwhp in it, something is just going on. BTW if you need help doing a compression test etc, feel free to ask.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech