Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
D1 bracket question

Thread: D1 bracket question

Junior SCH Member

D1 bracket question

Does the D1 use the same blower bracket as the P1-SC and D1-SC?

Junior SCH Member
    The bracket for the "SC" blowers is different that the bracket for the oil fed D1 blowers.

Chris

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Injected65
    The bracket for the "SC" blowers is different that the bracket for the oil fed D1 blowers.

Chris
    the SC brackets also have an additional idler pulley on them for better belt wrap. The D1 head unit is clocked slightly different from a D1SC, that I can attest. ( on 94-95 cars )

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    I'm looking at getting some modified brackets that came with a D1 kit that should allow me to run the car without a/c. From what you guys are saying, if I buy these brackets, I'm pretty much stuck with a D1. Is this a decent head unit? Is it too much for a mild street motor? Is it possible to buy just the bracket for the headunit, and still use the main bracket from the D1 kit?

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by po-po 5.0
    I'm looking at getting some modified brackets that came with a D1 kit that should allow me to run the car without a/c. From what you guys are saying, if I buy these brackets, I'm pretty much stuck with a D1. Is this a decent head unit? Is it too much for a mild street motor?
    Its fine for a mild street motor, I had mine only making 9-10#'s. Its a good head unit, I'd go w/ the D1 over the D1SC if I had to do it over.

As far as purchasing just the bracket, Im sure you could, Id call ATI

DAN
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned

hp? tq?

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by paluka21
    Its fine for a mild street motor, I had mine only making 9-10#'s. Its a good head unit, I'd go w/ the D1 over the D1SC if I had to do it over.
    DAN
    For what reason would you choose the D1 over the D1-SC is it because of the step-up or because the SC ones are prone to leakage?

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by po-po 5.0
    For what reason would you choose the D1 over the D1-SC is it because of the step-up or because the SC ones are prone to leakage?
    Both

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD

hp? tq?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by po-po 5.0
    I'm looking at getting some modified brackets that came with a D1 kit that should allow me to run the car without a/c. From what you guys are saying, if I buy these brackets, I'm pretty much stuck with a D1. Is this a decent head unit? Is it too much for a mild street motor? Is it possible to buy just the bracket for the headunit, and still use the main bracket from the D1 kit?

I have a D1B (3-CORE) on my 1991 Mustang LX and it is awesome. My car has run a best of 10.66 @ 127 (6.79 1/8). I have had no problems with it, although it is somewhat noisey. Also this blower is capable of making upwards of 22lbs. of boost. I run 14lbs. Great blower!!!!

Performer RPM Intake
    TFS Stage II Cam
    PA C-4 Super Comp Trans.
    3.55 gears
    26X10" Slicks
    Best et : 10.66@127 (6.79 1/8)
    12:1 AFR

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by po-po 5.0

I am not sure what year car you have, but I run a D1 on a 1991 Mustang and use a A/C pump eliminator pulley which allows me to run without A/C.
    Just make sure you add an additional brace if you run the eliminator pulley, as the A/C compressor is normally used for strengthing the blower mount. It's pretty easy to make but you will have to make one to fit your application. Mine is very ridged and I have had no belt problems after adding a second brace. Good luck!!!

Junior SCH Member
    D1 is fine for the street. D1R is the only other blower that will bolt up directly in the D1 brackets just for additional info. obviously, thats an even meaner blower, but figured i'd let you know.
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam
    X2CMotorsports Tremec TKO TransTKO