Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
arbor/belt problems

Thread: arbor/belt problems

Senior SCH Member

arbor/belt problems

you know sometimes this novi is a pain. but here goes.

i put on the f150 pulley and had no problems and even used the same belt from before. 110.5 inches.

not the belt is being eaten off the back side so i look and now the tensioner is more forward then before..yes i have changed it around just to make sure it was better the other way. i think the back of the arbor should be ground down to make the tensioner pulley sit closer to the plate.

anyone else have this problem? it made my 6 rib belt a 5 rib now ...

thanks./

Are you using the Cobra Water Pump Pulley? I know that from experience that I had the SAME exact problems with the six rib belt turning into a 5 rib belt LoL!

I noticed that for some odd reason the pitch of the f-150 crank pulley sticks out more than the stock crank pulley (or even my 8 inch crank pulley) and if you use the cobra water pump pulley in conjunction with the f-150 crank pulley it seems as if the crank pulley is sticking out more ( more pitch) and the cobra water pump pulley seems to be inward more. I noticed that in my application it caused minor misalignment using the cobra water pump over the stock water pump pulley and would be very apparent and noticeable if you used the cobra water pump pulley. I just slapped on my stock water pump pulley and had no more 5 ribbed belts or even thrown belts any more and the crank and water pump pulley looked much more aligned than before with the cobra water pump pulley

For some reason on my application the f-150 crank pulley and the cobra water pump pulley did not like each other LoL!

This of course might be different for you and of course everyone else as it was for me in my case

Just put the two crank pullies together and look at the difference in the pitch (spacing) or just put the stock water pump pulley back on and try it out.

I went through the hardknocks of throwing belts (I should be a black belt now or 5th dan ranking) with that pulley config.

Then again some peeps are running the same combo being an
    f-150 crank pulley and cobra water pump pulley with no "reported" problems. Maybe I am just weird!!!! (hmmm maybe).

I believe it is the water pump pulley that is causing you hell as it was causing me hell as well! (a RHYME!)

Keep us posted!

Anyone chime in with their ideas please!!!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Senior SCH Member
    it actually seems like the tensioner is sticking out to far and eating the belt on the inside of the 6 rib. i will try to put the stock one on tomorrow and see what happens. gotta get the new belt first also.
    thanks for the input.