Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
a/c delete with s trim?

Thread: a/c delete with s trim?

Junior SCH Member

a/c delete with s trim?

Any of you guys know a pro/con to either moving the p/s pump up or just putting a pulley kit where the a/c compressor used to be?

I have seen it done both ways in the magazines and at the track. I was wondering if the maybe was a perk to the a/c pulley instead of a delete with the blower belt.

My stuff needs to go, a/c lines are going to mark up my new intake and I have used my a/c once in 1-1/2 years.
    Chris
    89 GT convrt
    s-trim, heads, cam, intake, etc.

It is much easier imo to just run something like the ASP ac delete pulley. This way the belt routing stays the same and you don't have to go crazy figuring out belt lengths. With the ASP kit you just need a belt that's 1/2" shorter then whatever you run now. The installation is a piece of cake as well. I don't have any first hand experience relocating the steering pump, so someone else might be able to answer from that perspective..
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Senior SCH Member
    i have just relocated my ps to the top . i installed the a/c delete kit. after that everything seemed to be going right till i put the tensioner on and it hit my water pump pulley..so i bought a tighter belt and still the tensioner would hit the wp pulley and i have a cobra wp pulley which is smaller. so i went to used parts place and got a larger ps pulley off a taurus. put that on and got a smaller belt mine is 86 inches. put the tensioner in place and it works fine so far. it was a struggle. if i had to do it all over again i would just buy the ac delete from asp racing. would work much easier. by the way this was on a t trim set up

Junior SCH Member
    Here is the link that has a pic of the old style a/c eliminator made by ford that works with a blower:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=218190

Please check this out, follow the link down and there is a pic.
    Chris
    89 GT convrt
    s-trim, heads, cam, intake, etc.