Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
f150 pulley and stock wp pulley

Thread: f150 pulley and stock wp pulley

Senior SCH Member

f150 pulley and stock wp pulley

will these two work and be real close. i put on the 6.5 and the cobra water pump pulley and the darn thing ate the back side of the belt causing it to be a 5 rib now.

i know goliath thinks it is the water pump pulley that might have caused the problem. but it doesnot seem like the tensioner pulley is sitting far enough back and is misaligned. causing the rear of the pulley to eat the belt at high rpms.

anyone else have some eaten belts on the back side.

the belt tensioner arbor thread was very informative. thanks

thanks.

I am currently using an F150 pulley and stock wp pulley and have never had a problem with that combo. Not even a hint of a shredded belt. This belt has at least 4k miles on it and at least 30 track passes.

It is kind of weird how some of us have problems and just as many that I have talked to don't. I will add that I'm still using the original stock water pump with a 160k miles on it.

It's always possible that an aftermarket pump has the flange in just a slightly different spot.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    steve just wanted you to know that the check is in the mail for the mandrel tube...thanks again..

I also have had no problems with my belt alignment with the F150 crank and stock water pump set up.

Maybe 468 is right do you have a different waterpump on it?

If you think that the tentioner is to far out you should remove it and take a closer look to see what is going on.

nstycpe93

You wont be disappionted in the tube from Steve, I have one and it is a perfect fit and looks excellent.

It was worth every penny.

Each car is different, my car ate belts all day until I aligned the pullies with washers.

Check your belt at the water pump, do they cross perfectly in the center?

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    i took the tensioner off tonite and turned it around. still looks to be a little far out... the piece that fits behind the tensioner to the backing plate looks to be to big and needs to be ground off some. i will look again tomorrow and see if something else can be done. plus i will try putting the stock pulley back on. and yes i have an aftermarket pump. it is a stewart waterpump..
    strange that this did not happen until i put the f150 and cobra pulley on..

thanks

Senior SCH Member
    ok, i took the cobra water pump pulley off and put on the stock one and the wp pulley and crank pulley would rub. do i have to grind off some of the inside lip on the wp pulley. it was frustrating so i put the cobra one back on.

i noticed the tensioner goes on a certain way and it seems to sit back a little more now. guess ihad it on backwards.

need info on the pulleys question though.

again thanks.

That is weird man.

Here is a pic of my F150 pulley and my stock water pump pulley and the 7" ps pum pulley all in one shot. No clearance problems anywhere.

If you are sure you have a stock mustang w pump pulley than may be you have stumbled across a bigger crank pulley. Have you measured both pulleys? I would be curious to know and I could check it against mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Just to clarify some things, I made reference that I had problems with throwing belts and having one rib (of the six ribs) of the belt being shredded because I was using the COBRA WATER PUMP PULLEY and the F-150 CRANK PULLEY. I noticed the alignment was off between the the COBRA water pump pulley
    and the F-150 Crank Pulley...

SO... I put the STOCK water pump pulley back on and never had any further compications or problems with going back to the STOCK Water Pump Pulley in conjunction with the
    F-150 Crank Pulley.

Like I said everyones app is different. I never experienced any rubbing issues with my F-150 Crank Pulley and the Stock 5.0 H.O. water pump pulley.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at: