Thread: Pulley size - boost#

Junior SCH Member

Pulley size - boost#

What pulley size = what lbs of boost on a D1SC on a 94. Just trying to find out what kind of boost this blower will be makin....
    THANKS

Jeremy

Junior SCH Member
    Boost is a measurement of restriction to airflow in an engine. Therfore with any increase in overall airflow ( ie head swap, cam, t/b etc...) the boost (not cfm of airflow) will drop. Basically what I am saying is unless there is an identical setup out there with the same blower there can not be a direct comparison between pulley size and boost pressure. That all being said, I am sure someone here has a similar combination that they can tell you what pulley/boost the see and you can compare to your combination.

Chris

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Injected65
    Boost is a measurement of restriction to airflow in an engine. Therfore with any increase in overall airflow ( ie head swap, cam, t/b etc...) the boost (not cfm of airflow) will drop. Basically what I am saying is unless there is an identical setup out there with the same blower there can not be a direct comparison between pulley size and boost pressure. That all being said, I am sure someone here has a similar combination that they can tell you what pulley/boost the see and you can compare to your combination.

Chris
    He is correct, boost will be a measure of restriction, however by rule of thumb, the 3.85" pulley I had showed 9-10#'s at 6000rpm, and my 3.55" pulley shows 13psi @6000 rpm. Again, all motors will be different. but thats a rough estimate on a heads/cam/full exhaust car.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    anyone want to give me a rough idea how much boost I'm going to be putting out with a 3.40" pulley, on a 96-8 cobra motor with stage 2 heads, blower cams, and full exhaust? :)

Junior SCH Member
    Where are you guys measuring the pulley @??? If I measure it whene the belt rides on the pulley it meassures 3" exactally. Anyone have a clue what kind of boost this D1SC will make? OH, BTW it's going on a 94 GT. THANKS

Jeremy