Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
boost numbers......

Thread: boost numbers......

Senior SCH Member

boost numbers......

Any X trim users have any hard numbers on what boost you see with what pulleys and at What RPM?
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Spence, although I don't have any actual numbers from my X trim, (still putting the car together), When I talked to Ricky at Vortech he said my 410 will need to spin the blower pretty hard to make the power I want and he reccomended a 77 crank and 28 blower pulley and @ 7200 the 410 should see about 22-23 psi. Making 1300-1400hp. I wish I had real numbers but for now that's all I got.

Now I'm being nosy, what sparks your intrest in the X trim numbers??

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks Gary..
    Have a customer seeking info.......
    Spence

8.96/160

Just curious to why the X-trim isn't the blower of choice anymore? Why isn't Vortech stepping up to the plate and competing with Pro Charger in the all out race blowers? I have heard alot of bad things about the X-trim, not lasting, having to always be rebuilt, and that it was just a poor design. Can you guys give me some insight on this. Thanks.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Senior SCH Member
    The X trims had a problem early on, most of it was because the company that was heat treating the impellers wasnt doing it properly and they were giving up, thats all I know about reliability on it.

Hey Gary, any boost numbers yet? I am switching over to the X trim this week, not sure what boost level we will be at, but I have a few pulleys to try......hehe.
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member
    I wish I had some #'s for you but I am still putting it together. All the little crap takes so much time. I see the drag radial guy's are gonna get the x trim. My car would fit perfect in drag radial but my motor is 410 and from what I remember in most of the rules, a blower car is 360 max limit. Am I correct?? It's stupid that nitrous cars can be 400+ inches but they won't allow the blower cars to be that big. Oh well, I'm just pissin and moanin now.

Be sure to keep us posted on your cars x trim madness!! Good luck!

Senior SCH Member
    Update:

we have done some testing on my lil 306 with the X trim,

74/34 @ 7400 = 19psi
    74/30 @ 7500 = 25psi
    77/30 @ 7500 = 29psi (yeah baby, it was honkin)
    Spence

8.96/160

SCH Member
    70/32 = 17psi @ 9100
    70/31 = 19psi @ 9100
    70/30 = 22psi @ 9150

347, X-trim, big Air/Water cooler.

Junior SCH Member
    hey where can i get a 77 tooth crank pulley for the 50mm cogs?