Thread: Few questions from a newb

Junior SCH Member

Few questions from a newb

Ok I have a few questions. I just got a used P1SC kit from a guy on the corral. I got with it a 90MM Lightning MAF and 42# injectors.
    1st, Is the lightning MAF worth using or would I get more reliable performance from the stock MAF?
    2nd, This may sound funny but can I dump my bypass into atmosphere or does it have to got to the intake tube?
    3rd, Is the stock 10# pulley safe? I keep hearing that anything over 8#'s on a 4.6 is bad news.
    4th, what will happen if I keep my Steeda pulleys on my car with the charger?

Any help would be great, I am a Nitrous guy with my first blower and may sound really stupid but I promise I learn fast. All of my other mods are listed below.
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

Senior SCH Member
    I would keep the lightning MAF as it is calibrated for the 42# injectors and won't require a retune or chip, even though you should have it tuned with the blower anyway.

The ATI should be a blow-thru type (mass air in front of throttle body) so yes you can vent the bypass to atmosphere with no problems.

Does the kit have the intercooler? if so the 10# pulley should be safe as the intercooler usually has a boost drop of 1.5-2psi so you will probably end up at 8-9psi.

You will have to get rid of the underdrive pulley on the crank, it will slow the blower down and you wont make any boost. I kept my water pump and alternator pulleys though with no problems.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    Thankyou for the response. I do have the intercooler and I'm here to tell you, that thing was a ***** to put on. I am still in the middle of putting the kit on the car but I will keep you posted.
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

Junior SCH Member
    I was running my stock MAF with 42lb injectors with no problems, ran a little rich. I now have the Pro-M MAF tuner installed and dialed in, A/F is much better and pick up a few ponies...
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra

Junior SCH Member
    Ok it's all on!!:D It runs like crap because the chip is not done yet, but it sounds pretty cool. The only question I have now is about the sound of this thing. It whistles like I expected, but it also has a kinda grinding sound. Is that normal? I know I have gear drive on my other car and that **** is loud, kinda the same sound but i don't know if this is right??
    Are other P1SC this loud??