Thread: Only real problem so far...

SCH Member

Only real problem so far...

Well i started my install this weekend. I think for working by myself, I am making good progress. On Saturday I took off all the parts, tapped the oil pan, and partially installed the accessory bracket. Today, I ran the oil lines bolted on the blower completely with the main bracket and support bracket. The only problem I have now is my AC lines. They are entirely too close to the lower pulley for the supercharger belt. I have bent them out of the way but they don't stay. I know on some cars you can just bend them out of the way, but I don't think I can bend them as far as they need to go. I think I'm going to disconnect them for now, and get different lines made when I get everything together. Also, it looks like the supercharger inlet is going to rub against the fuel line and the shrader valve.

Brandon

SCH Member
    Here are the AC lines
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Brandon,
    You do not have to disconnect them to get them to clear. You just have to bend them a little. I know they move around a bit when your trying to do it, but they will bend. Heres a pic of mine. Notice the silver on the pulley, thats where it rubbed on mine .
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    Doug,
    Did you use a line bender tool? I was using a pry bar and they never stayed where I wanted them too. It was really tough pushing on them, and I didn't want to break them off. How did you bend yours? Thats the only thing holding me up now.
    Thanks,
    Brandon
    91 LX, Novi 2000, AOD->T5 Swap, 76mm MAM, 42Lb Injectors, Kirban AFPR, 255LPH HP Pump, 5-Lug Conversion, Real Cobra R's(C58), 1 5/8 BBK Ceramic Longtubes, H-Pipe, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Tri-Ax

Brandon,
    It sounds kind of crazy, but you have to put a pry bar on the inside of the lines and another on the outside of the lines. You use a kind of push/pull action on them and they will bend. Even if you put a small kink in them, its not going to hurt them.

Doug

SCH Member
    Thanks for the help Doug. I'll give it a try next chance I get.

Brandon
    91 LX, Novi 2000, AOD->T5 Swap, 76mm MAM, 42Lb Injectors, Kirban AFPR, 255LPH HP Pump, 5-Lug Conversion, Real Cobra R's(C58), 1 5/8 BBK Ceramic Longtubes, H-Pipe, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Tri-Ax