Thread: How much boost with 1000 can you get without changing crank??

Junior SCH Member

How much boost with 1000 can you get without changing crank??

Hey, I am considering buying a new novi 1000 kit...I had a powerdyne, but, needless to say, it blew up...I was just wondering what you guys are getting out of this unit. I would like to make 10-12 psi. Also, I have heard that there are 3 different head unit pulleys for the 1000. What boost increments are they?? Any information would be sweet!! Thanks!!!

Welcome...

The NOVI 1K can push 50,000RPM and make 15lbs doing it.

The kit does not come with 3, that was somewhat of a mis-type. The kit comes with a blower pulley, a crank pulley and a belt that can take the slack of a smaller blower pulley. You would have to get the smaller pulley from ASP.

Thanks and good choice with the 1K you will love it!

Ian

Junior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Ian!! Man, the 1000 sounds like a great kit. I was really happy with the power that I made with my powerdyne at just 10lbs of boost (414rwhp, 408rwtq). And, that was with no tuning and many stock parts.....I can just imagine how the Novi will be...Thanks again!!!

Anytime..

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Any ideas what the boost increments are on the 3 pulleys?? I realize boost is relative to mods, but how much boost can the 1000 put out without changing the crank pulley?? Any info would be sweet.......thanks!!

there are not 3 pullies, that was a misprint. the idler is adjustable to make pulley changes w/o changing belt length........im not even sure if anyone has increased boost by means of pulley change on the new 1k kit yet. im guessing ASP will be the company to contact for an upgraded crank pulley. changing the blower pulley will void the warrenty, unless of course you dont care about that..........the powerpipe alone should add 2psi & the base boost is approx 5psi. i dont think any info on particular crank pulley sizes has even been researched yet as far as boost increase is concerned. i too am loking forward to hearing somone who has incresed boost on the new 1k kit by means of crank pulley change!