Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Aerospace Brakes

Thread: Aerospace Brakes

Senior SCH Member

Aerospace Brakes

I was driving my car yesturday and had to hit the hooks. Wow, not much happend. I guess that 500hp and stock brakes do not play nice together.
    I talked to Jack @MM and told him that I wanted to upgrade, but I still wanted to use my stock turbines and front runners. He recommended the Aerospace Pro Street kit. I talked to Aerospace and they said that this would be a good kit for street and strip.
    I was wondering if anyone had used these brakes or seen them on a car? I don't plan to road race the car, I just want something that stops when it needs to.

Thanks
    Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113

Junior SCH Member
    id look into a rear disk conversions and some more agressive pads on the stock stuff up front, maybe with stainless steel braided lines. id also toss on a nice adjustable proportioning valve to get the balance right

the stock stuff with those components should cut the mustard for a few 100+ to 0 stops without drama, and it should be much less exspensive than doing a whole new system...

e,
    my new car has 13" brembos (cobra brakes) up front and I believe 10 rotors out back with the proportion valve. This thing flat throws out the anchor, but you would have to upgrade wheels. Just a little food for thought. You could get some crossdrilled rotors for the front and put some disks on the back. That would be safe insurance probably. Ask over on the corral if you have some time.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    never use crossdrilled rotors, or have fun replacing them when they crack all the time. thier benifts do not outweight thier "costs"

even slotted arent all theyre made out to be, but they do help a little