Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Whats the deal with accessories belt drive

Thread: Whats the deal with accessories belt drive

Junior SCH Member

Whats the deal with accessories belt drive

I am getting ready to run a S-trim on my car, currently I have a FMS a/c delete (which moves the powersteering pump up). I also have no smog pump at all. When I install the S-trim everybody said I would need a smog pump delete kit that comes with a idler pulley. Now I am hearing that I have to use some kind of a/c delete kit to with a idler pulley to clear the water pump pulley. So whats the deal? What if I run no a/c no smog pump and no power steering then will I be in the clear? Thanks, I am trying to avoid any unforseen problems when the install begins.
    91 LX coupe 5L 5spd, Trickflow heads ported, stage 1 cam, BBK Lt's, all the bolt on's on 255/50/16 BFG DR's

Ofcourse a S-trim #14

RWHP 449.9 RWTQ438 10PSI untunned
    12.03@123.94 (80^ 80%H)

TO AVOID ANY HEADACHES BUY THE ELIMINATOR PULLEY.IT HAS A PROVISION FOR MOUNTING THE ALTERNATOR STAY BRACKET WHEN THE ALTERNATOR GETS MOVED UNDERNEATH THE ORIGINAL SMOG PUMP LOCATION.IF YOU HAVE THE RESOURCES YOU CAN FAB A BRACKET AND COLLAR TO FIT BETWEEN VORTECHS BRACKET SETUP, BUT FOR ABOUT $50 YOU CAN'T GO WRONG.I STILL RUN MY A/C AND POWER STEERING SO I CAN'T SAY IF THE WATER PUMP PULLEY WILL RUB WITHOUT THEM.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

SCH Member
    i dont have a fox, i own a 94 GT, and dont have a/c compressor or smog pump. I just run a short belt( 775K6) and didnt need any a/c eliminator, or smog eliminator kits..
    Vibrant Red 94GT

Senior SCH Member
    u do need something to attach the alternator stay to.(that is what stabalizes it).such as a smog elim.94-5's are diff in that the alt stays in appx orig position.does not move to bottom of brkt...

Junior SCH Member
    if you didn't use a belt on the powersteering pump let me tell you from my experience that the power steering rack is almost impossible to turn the wheel you will feel like your breaking something, its not like the cars with no power steering muchhhh worse cause your trying to push all the fluid around in the steering rack. Def switch to a manual steer rack if you delete it.

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Readyross
    if you didn't use a belt on the powersteering pump let me tell you from my experience that the power steering rack is almost impossible to turn the wheel
    Yeah, I know what you are talking about. But if I bypass it what's the story on the belt?
    91 LX coupe 5L 5spd, Trickflow heads ported, stage 1 cam, BBK Lt's, all the bolt on's on 255/50/16 BFG DR's

Ofcourse a S-trim #14

RWHP 449.9 RWTQ438 10PSI untunned
    12.03@123.94 (80^ 80%H)

SCH Member
    Okay, i went through all the same issues. I ditched my a/c and also my power steering. I figured the March a/c delete kit would work fine, WRONG. Whatever you do, don't get this. If you move the pump up, there are plenty of guys that can help you out with the belt hitting the water pump pulley, there are solutions for that. Now, if you ditch the P/S as well, the only way i finally got a belt to work and not be constantly thrown off, was to get the ASP a/c eliminator pulley. You retain the factory a/c bracket but just put a very lite weight aluminum pulley in it's place. I was however already running the ASP smog pump delete pulley. If you decide to go this route, let me know, as i am going to sell the ASP a/c pulley as with the procharger it will not work.