Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: power

Senior SCH Member

power

I have a 94 mustang cobra with 351 and p600b making about 10.5 pounds of intercooled boost, the car also has canfield heads a trickflow intake pro m meter, 75 mm throttle and a complete fuel system, and the car dynod at a very low 454 rwhp and 503 pnd tq I think this is a little low. need help to figure this out thinking of going to d1 to try to find more power thanks anthony

Junior SCH Member
    Hey man, off subject question for ya. What bracket are you using for the blower? Is it the standard bracket that comes with the 94/95 P600B kit or something else? I have a 351 in the works and was wondering if the 302 bracket would work. As it sits now the head unit is only maybe just over an inch from hitting the side of the engine bay and I know the 351 is wider so.....
    Let me know thanks.

Justin
    94 GT, with ..........NOTHING yet.

Senior SCH Member

Re: power

Originally posted by blownwindsor
    I have a 94 mustang cobra with 351 and p600b making about 10.5 pounds of intercooled boost, the car also has canfield heads a trickflow intake pro m meter, 75 mm throttle and a complete fuel system, and the car dynod at a very low 454 rwhp and 503 pnd tq I think this is a little low. need help to figure this out thinking of going to d1 to try to find more power thanks anthony
    Sounds like the torque is definetly there! 503 ft/ lbs is quite a bit of torque for 10.5# in my opinion.
    What do your dyno graphs look like as far as the a/f ratios go? What is your total timing set at?

Just a few questions

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Good questions by Dan... also... did you ever have the motor Dyno'd with that setup naturally aspirated? That might tell the story... displacement gives power, no question, but I have seen some setups on 351's and 302's alike not even come close to the power they should with the given setups and before adding a blower or power adder of any kind, the N/A issues (down power and so on) should be resolved first. Could be tuning... could very well be a tuning issue.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    I did not have the motor dynod with out the blower, but my air fuel was a little on the rich side, just added a trick flow intake from cobra hopefully this will help. taking the car to walsh motorsport next week hopefully have some better dyno numbers
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Obviously you are from my area... where are you from?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    Sterling hts, michigan
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

I am right by you every day at work. Small world. :)
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    What kind of car do you have always like looking at other prochaged cars.

Check out the site... lots of info and lots of pic's.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    Hey don did you paint your hood.

I personaly did not paint the hood... but yes it was painted with the rest of my car.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    i live in shelby twp, right by lakeside, i dont even know another procharger person. sweeet!!!!!!!!!
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)
    fms c-springs, tinted out, O/R H-pipe cobra cat back, clear corners, red, polished 2000 GT wheels

89 lx 5.0 5speed(Victoria)
    bbk LT headers and h pipe,1.6 crane rockers, moly rings, arp bolts, f cam, felpro gaskets, frpp high voloume oil pump, world products windsor jr. heads with dual springs. 26X10.5X15 M/T ET streets 3.73 gears,autometer shift light, march u/d pullyes, hurst line loc 255 walbro pump, ATI Procharger P600B with 2-Core Intercooler!!!
    best time at track:
    13.8@ 98.5 w/1.8 60ft (no SC)

Senior SCH Member
    awsome like to check the car out. soon as I get mine back from walsh motorsport

Yea, I have a couple buddies right here localy that have procharged stangs... we'll all have to get together sometime and meet up.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST