Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: power

Senior SCH Member
    Sound fun, just need to get my car back
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Well... I haven't even scheduled an appt. with Walsh yet, but the car is 95% done, so it will be a while for me too, no worries.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    got my car back, from walsh and it only mad 430 and He told me that my blower was to little and so was my intercooler tubing and intercooler was to small. so I guess I will get the d1 and start making some real power.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Wow, I expected a lot more out of it than that. I would have to agree that it needs a bigger head-unit. How backed up is he by the way? I haven't scheduled yet and I will be done here pretty soon.

It probibly wouldn't hurt to get a F1 head unit for your car.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    I would have still thought it would make more power then that...the motor alone should be in the high 300's if it was built right. I dunno if I'm buying the "too small blower" theory or not... What you need to do is get the D1 or F1 and dyno the motor on the same boost level to prove his theory. If it makes more power, then you were killing the blower but I'd almost bet it'll be close to the same even with the other blower..
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    Donny was alittle backed up. but he was also trying to build his car, to go race

Senior SCH Member
    we also come to the conclusion that the motor was built by and idot, {maximum performance} was scared to build the motor my self but after this I think I could of done a better job. we think he put my came in wrong and cut my check engine light

Wow, that's terrible. Why do you figure your CE light has been cut? Was your computer full of codes or something? Do you know by chance how backed up he was (like 2 weeks, 3 weeks)? Well, I suppose I can just call him and find out.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    no I dont think he was that backed up, im going back soon for a new pulley. no speedworks said it was yanked right out of the ecu. and it worked before i took it there.