Thread: I beleive my unit is leaking.

Junior SCH Member

I beleive my unit is leaking.

I think my prochager is leaking... I noticed oil on the exit tube of the head unit. I just started a short time ago, I broke the dipstick seal for the first time since the oil was added, and the next day it started to leak.

Here is a pic... Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Cobra Convertible, #1453 of 3384

Steed Triax, Magnaflow Catback, Mac Prochamber, 03 Cobra Fuel Pumps, 42lb injectors, Pro-M Univer MAF, WMS PowerPipe, ATI Prorcharger - P1SC w/6lb Pulley and 3 Core Intercooler

Next Mods... MM Full Length SFC, KB Springs, 03 Cobra Struts, 00 Cobra R rear shocks, & Nitto DR's on the Rear :thumbsup:

Dyno w/ Dense Charger 280hp, 285 tq
    Dyno w/P1SC 6# 409.4hp, 381.3tq

Parts For Sale

SCH Member
    I have thought I had a leak a few times.
    It turns out that I can't help but over-oil the bejeezus out of my filter!

Your oil looks a little brown in the pic, but that could be from dust.
    SC oil is greenish blue. Take the hose off and look in the discharge tube to see what color the oil is.

Junior SCH Member
    That's a good point... The filter is New it came with my WMS Powerpipe

Junior SCH Member
    I second the checking of the inside of the hose/tube. On another note I would also suggest shoving that hose all the way onto the blower and moving that clamp up. It looks like a split second from popping the hose off the outlet of the blower.

Chris

Originally posted by Four eyed stang
    I have thought I had a leak a few times.
    It turns out that I can't help but over-oil the bejeezus out of my filter!

Your oil looks a little brown in the pic, but that could be from dust.
    SC oil is greenish blue. Take the hose off and look in the discharge tube to see what color the oil is.
    I've thought the same thing but since the oil level in my D1-SC stays constant I know its not a leaking seal and is instead from my filter. 20K blown miles and so far no leaks (yet). In fact I've had some bad blow-by issues that I think I've finally resolved but for a while my dipstick was an oil sprinkler that got on my filter and then got sucked through the blower.
    '94 Cobra, Procharged 10psi, otherwise mostly stock - 400rwhp 412tq

Now more boost and more horses

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

New 347 combo coming soon - shooting for daily driving 600rwhp

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Z's Cobra
    I've thought the same thing but since the oil level in my D1-SC stays constant I know its not a leaking seal and is instead from my filter. 20K blown miles and so far no leaks (yet). In fact I've had some bad blow-by issues that I think I've finally resolved but for a while my dipstick was an oil sprinkler that got on my filter and then got sucked through the blower.

That Sux...

I just put everything back together, and it looked ok. The oil was brownish, not at all like the S/C oil. I would of never guessed that my filter had that much oil in it. I need to check my plugs, wonder if their looking foul.

Thanks for the help...

Raider187

Steed Triax, Magnaflow Catback, Mac Prochamber, 03 Cobra Fuel Pumps, 42lb injectors, Pro-M Univer MAF, WMS PowerPipe, ATI Prorcharger - P1SC w/6lb Pulley and 3 Core Intercooler

Next Mods... MM Full Length SFC, KB Springs, 03 Cobra Struts, 00 Cobra R rear shocks, & Nitto DR's on the Rear :thumbsup:

Parts For Sale

SCH Member
    You may need to clean your air meter too now.

Junior SCH Member
    I will be hitting the dyno this week, hope everything stays in one piece... I'll check the MAF too, thanks!

Parts For Sale

Sounds like you have it figured out, that's good to hear. Just make sure that you don't overfill your blower, seals go when that happens so be carefull.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net