Thread: p600b to d1

Senior SCH Member

p600b to d1

I have a 94 mustang cobra with a 351 and a p600b. I want to go to a d1 or d1 sc but I was thinking about going to an older style bracket to run to belts like a vortech. and keep hearing the d1 can support high horspower. and help thanks anthony

Senior SCH Member
    I have been told that the P600 bracketry is useless for any other blower and that you must purchase all seperate brackets with the head unit if you want to upgrade. I guess those of us with the original P600's are stuck unless we shell out another $3 grand!!
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    Jim summers at prochager told me that the p600b bracket would work with the d1 becauce it was the same bracket are the same,but i need shims. but i wanted to run two belts like the vortech/paxton setup. because I dont trust the long belt setup, shreds belts. so there may be some hope. what kind of bower did you make
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Senior SCH Member
    So he told you that the P600 bracket will work with a D1? You just need to shim it for belt alignment...? Thats interesting.. I would definitley consider doing that. Anyway you can confirm that?
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    Thats what jim told me, than walsh told me it would work but they told me its more than that. but it would work
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered