Thread: novi 1000 upgrade

Junior SCH Member

novi 1000 upgrade

I am upgrading my s/n 93 with a novi 1000.
    my engine currently is as follows
    351w with trick flow heads,gt40,wolverine cam, pro-m,65mm throttle body, 36 lb injectors, i hope to have the novi putting out somewhere in the area of 10-12 lbs boost. I have been out of the mustang scene for quite a while, so i am trying to do some catching up. with my old combo my car ran 11.40's with stock computer chip(i know it was not the safest, but i never had a problem, just some low idle richness. anyways i have a few questions?
    1-would 42 lb injectors be the right choice for the new blower running 10-12 lbs, also where can you get a smaller pulley for the novi and how fast can you safely spin the 1000 ?

2-i know my throttle body is probably too small, should i go with a 70 or 75mm , i have heard that the opening on the gt-40 upper may not even be 75, would i be wasting my time with a 75?

3-i believe there is a local shop that uses autologic custom burned chips, would that be a good choice for the new blower?

any other advice would be greatly appreciated-i will quit rambling for now-take care

To get 10-12 lbs from a 1K on a 351 would be spinning it close to, if not over max RPM.

I would think about a 2K for sure...

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    THANKS IAN

I WAS CURIOUS IF THE 1000 WOULD FIT MY NEEDS AND I WAS ALSO LOOKING AT THE 2000 IF NEEDED. WHAT OUTPUT OF BOOST DOES THE 2000 COME WITH FROM THE FACTORY AND WOULD I NEED TO CHANGE TO A SLIGHTLY SMALLER PULLEY TO ACHIEVE APPROX 12 LBS.
    TALK TO YOU SOON