Thread: Anybody running a Lighting MAF w/ sohc?

Junior SCH Member

Anybody running a Lighting MAF w/ sohc?

Just wondering who did your chip tune. I have a P1SC and a 90MM lightning MAF with 42# injectors. What most people don't know is that a lightning MAF is not calibrated for 42#ers, the calibration is done through the ECU (I just learned this myself when my car would not run ).
    Anyone running a similar combo?
    I also have a Diablo Delta flip chip which needs to be calibrated.
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

Junior SCH Member
    Dude... The lightning has 42lb injectors, so it should be calibrated for it!
    2001 Cobra Convertible, #1453 of 3384

Steed Triax, Magnaflow Catback, Mac Prochamber, 03 Cobra Fuel Pumps, 42lb injectors, Pro-M Univer MAF, WMS PowerPipe, ATI Prorcharger - P1SC w/6lb Pulley and 3 Core Intercooler

Next Mods... MM Full Length SFC, KB Springs, 03 Cobra Struts, 00 Cobra R rear shocks, & Nitto DR's on the Rear :thumbsup:

Dyno w/ Dense Charger 280hp, 285 tq
    Dyno w/P1SC 6# 409.4hp, 381.3tq

Parts For Sale

Junior SCH Member
    We have been using the LMaf on all of the 99 and up SOHC and DOCH cars. All of the chips we have been using have come from ATI directly. They seem to have a good idea whats going on with the 99 LMaf and 42# injector combo. You are correct though that the maf is not a true 42# cal. The computer does do some calibration.

Chris

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Injected65
    We have been using the LMaf on all of the 99 and up SOHC and DOCH cars. All of the chips we have been using have come from ATI directly. They seem to have a good idea whats going on with the 99 LMaf and 42# injector combo. You are correct though that the maf is not a true 42# cal. The computer does do some calibration.

Chris
    I just git the Diablo chip back from my tuner and the car runs like ***
    I think I am going to have to go to ATI and get a new chip.
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

Is there any way you can get your car on a dyno around there... if you have a reputable tuner, that is the best way by far to do it and to cut out all of this time with sending the chip back and forth... it will be worth it BIG time.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    i got the LMAF 80mm and a chip from ati, car runs great just extremely rich when i get on it..still ran 12.7 with 8psi so i'm happy, and that was on street tires spinning all the way
    P-1SC stage 2 w/ 3 core intercooler
    42# injectors

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by WA2FAST
    Is there any way you can get your car on a dyno around there... if you have a reputable tuner, that is the best way by far to do it and to cut out all of this time with sending the chip back and forth... it will be worth it BIG time.
    I will most likely trailer the car down to the dyno next week. I may try a few other things 1st, but I think I'm ready to give up on my current tuner. He just plays the B.S. game too much. It's hard to find trust worthy, reputable tuners around here. It makes it even harder because I do all my own work and I guess they see that I won't be spending big bucks for their labor. I am friends with Craig Radovitch and he said he would help me out, but he does not have access to a dyno yet. I don't know what the hell to do. What do you guys think about the Pro-M Univ MAF? That is the way my tuner is telling me to go.

Univer.... I can't say enough good things about it... as everyone on here is used to seeing me push the Univer because of how much better it is. It is a whole new concept on air sampling, is much more accurate, and can handle a lot more airflow. There is minimal air disturbance too because there is no conventional "sample tube" in it. I would highly suggest the meter, it's definately the best one on the market right now.

You need to get your to a tuner with a dyno so that you can accurately have it tuned. Driving around with different programs isn't going to help you any... back to back pulls will.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Anyone know were i can get more info on this universal meter and maybe a part number.Im new to this so any help will be god sent.Thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    P-1SC stage 2 w/ 3 core intercooler
    42# injectors