Thread: Injector size?

Junior SCH Member

Injector size?

I am a rookie to the supercharging game so I am in need of some help. I have a DSS 306 Short Block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/o-ring grooves, Track Heat Intake, FMS F303 Cam, 70mm TB, 76MM Mass Air Meter, stock EEC IV, 1-5/8" unequal headers, Flowmaster 2-1/2" exhaust system, Tremec TKO tranney, 3.73 gears. I am curently running 24lb injectors naturally aspirated but I am installing a Novi 2000 kit and a MSD boost retard and need to know what size injectors I should be using. Any tips on timing would also be appreciated. This is going to be mainly a street set-up.

Thanks,
    Mark

42's w/no fmu, or 36's with one.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I would get 42's or 50lb'ers and have room to grow. Either way you're wanna get a custom tune with all the hardware you have after you're done.

Originally posted by Hustler
    I would get 42's or 50lb'ers and have room to grow. Either way you're wanna get a custom tune with all the hardware you have after you're done.
    I'll second that opinion:D
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    42's and No FMU

Junior SCH Member
    Why no FMU? Also any suggestions on timing?
    306DSS SB, FMS F303 Cam, Novi2000 SC 12psi, T/W Heads, T/W Track Heat Intake, 42# Inj, UPR Pwr Pipe, 70mm TB, 76mm MA, SCT Custom Tune Flip Chip

Like what kind of suggestions? I'm not to hip to how the btm works, but I would say keep it below 22* total with pump gas to be safe.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    If you are going to be buying new injectors, I would skip over the 42's and get a set of 55's. They make then in high impedance now. Check out www.fuelsystem.biz
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Senior SCH Member
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Since I did not see you list a tuner board I would not go over 42lb injectors or it will never idle and you will surge because you have no way to lean out the idle. The FMU makes the car run to rich and with anything over 36lb injectors it is not needed, you will have enough fuel for 450hp.

Junior SCH Member
    55lb injectors would not be too much? What kind of fuel presure would be a good baseline? Do I want High or low Impedence?
    306DSS SB, FMS F303 Cam, Novi2000 SC 12psi, T/W Heads, T/W Track Heat Intake, 42# Inj, UPR Pwr Pipe, 70mm TB, 76mm MA, SCT Custom Tune Flip Chip

Originally posted by 85Stang
    55lb injectors would not be too much? What kind of fuel presure would be a good baseline? Do I want High or low Impedence?
    55lb injectors would not be too much. Remember, you can always take fue out, but its hard to add fuel. I would set the pressure to 40psi at idle and see how it lks it. You want high impedence injector unless youupgrade to alow im.injector driver. Your car will idle fine with the big injectors after you get it dyno tuned. I would not attempt to just stick the injectors in it and try to drive it around. Having too much fuel can cause a severe loss of power.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for all the help guys, I'll let you know how it works out.

would you be willing to sell your 24's and MAF? I have stock 19# and need to upgrade. I was thinking about 30's but would go for 24 if I see a good deal.

Junior SCH Member
    I'am using 42lb injectors with a Novi 2000 on a 4.6 DOHC Cobra without a FMU & it idles fine. I used a FMU when I had 36lb injectors.