Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley Sytemax intake vs Cobra, numbers inside

Yea, I sure do have the origional GT-40 paired with the X heads. It is proven to be a great combo as far as being matched, however I still beleive that there might be power to be made with switching the intake. There have been tests to prove both ways... better and worse, so it's really hard to tell unless it's tested on your car. I think I am going to eventualy switch to a Holley before too long, but that still won't be for a while. The car fund has gotten quite small.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    Thats the conclusion I've come to. I am going to tune the car and see what kind of power I can get outta thing FRPP combo and then in the distant future I will probably do TFS heads and a Holley systemax intake. That combo seems to have been proven countless times to make big power. I can see where the GT40 intake and X heads are killer for a mild N/A street car but I think they both suffer a bit when it comes to boost and high revs.

Senior SCH Member
    I use to have the cobra intake on my car when I had gt-40 heads and it was a good combination, and my buddy has the x heads and cobra intake which he ported himself, he had the holley on his car and he said it was way slower, so if you want tq stay with the gt40/cobra, but if you can give 10 pftq and gain 30 hp go with the performer rpm,or track heat. very happy with my trick flow r
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered